Hello all, I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and New Year!
Here at EvolveOS, I’m looking for anyone and everyone to jump on board to bring about change. Whether you think something is generally missing in Linux distributions, is done incorrectly, or could just be done differently, you should jump on board!
Remember, we’re looking to experiment, to do things differently. A few points you should be clear on:
- EvolveOS was not founded with a monetization goal
- I have a full time career with no intention of giving up my job. EvolveOS is an entirely open project with no reliance on funding or expectation of such.
- Don’t try to do things better! If you can, do it differently. You’ll find “better” is usually a side-effect.
- Anything can be changed in EvolveOS. It’s in the name.
- Support of non-free drivers, firmware, is completely permitted. These usually improve user experience via hardware support.
So whether you’re an artist, a hacker, a writer, a designer, support of open source software or otherwise, ask yourself what could be done differently in Linux desktops. What’s missing? What isn’t right? What does a user need? Why do user-friendly distributions keep popping up? Something isn’t being done right if that keeps happening. The demand is still there, so isn’t being met 100%.
Drop comments below, or email ikey DOT doherty AT gmail DOT com. Use a clear subject (all caps if you must) to ensure I see it. Remember, if you involve yourself for reasons other than enjoying yourself, and promoting healthy change, you’ll be disappointed. Passion and collaboration drive open source development; if this is you, jump in!