Just a quick status update on the fixes to Budgie Desktop. Currently I’m rewriting parts of the panel component, including the icon-based tasklist. Points of interest:
- GNOME Theme compatibility has been dropped. Too problematic to support a legacy theme and maintain consistency
- The panel is now transparent as seen in the screenshots, currently not themable
- The icon tasklist is around 40% complete, however you can’t currently use it to switch tasks, this will be implemented in future commits
- The requirement for libpeas has been dropped. Supporting 3rd party plugins is currently out of scope
- The menu will be reimplemented to not leak, and to use a popover style window. As 3.12 isn’t stable or released yet, an interim BudgiePopover class will be used.
And some screenshots of current progress:
That’s all for now, as and when the desktop is fully usable again I’ll post an update!