Budgie Desktop v1.19

Hello all, today I’ve released a fairly small update to budgie-desktop, v1.19

From the GitHub release page:

• glib schemas should be compiled
  • CSS styles built directly into binary
  • popover support greatly improved (using grabs, should disappear when its meant to)
  • Battery icon correctly displays various statuses, including fully charged
  • Icon tasklist fully functional, including action menu (right click)
  • Touch support improved (tasklist, etc.)
  • Painting issues fixed

The RPM packages on OBS now have post,postun handlers to ensure that the GLib schemas are compiled on the host, as is expected. I apologise for this failure in the last release.

Note the version number is not indicative of stability, and is generated via “git –describe tags”

As usual, you can install for Fedora 20 and openSUSE 13.1 via the OBS repository

Screenshot from 2014-02-22 14:51:46

1. Nikki Kononov
    February 23, 2014 11:42

Any chance installing this in Ubuntu? or only packaged for RPM based distros?

• ikeydoherty
      February 23, 2014 13:01

Only if someone packages it for Ubuntu and tests it

2. Milozzy
    February 26, 2014 12:51

Just installed it on Fedora 20, but I received this warning:
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.L47exg: line 1: fg: no job control
    warning: %post(budgie-desktop-1.19-10.1.x86_64) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
    Non-fatal POSTIN scriptlet failure in rpm package budgie-desktop-1.19-10.1.x86_64

• ikeydoherty
      February 26, 2014 13:35

Incompatibility from OBS it seems.
      To be sure, run “sudo glib-compile-schemas /usr/share/glib-2.0/schema”, should still work then

• Milozzy
        February 26, 2014 13:41

Do I risk to risk to break my GNOME session with this command?

• ikeydoherty
          February 26, 2014 14:03

Absolutely not 🙂 Every package that use GSettings provides a schema (so, the majority of GNOME applications) which, when installed, invoke this command anyway.
          The problem is, the postinst in the package just isn’t firing right, probably because of the macro I use in OBS.

• Milozzy
            February 26, 2014 14:06

Ok, thanks! Sorry but I am not so expert and I am always carefull before running commands that I don’t know as root 🙂

• ikeydoherty
            February 26, 2014 14:21

Oh no need to apologise, thats really sensible 🙂

3. darklight
    February 27, 2014 09:19

I swear I was thinking how awesome it would be to have a desktop like this for a few days 🙂 one question though, do you think it would be feasible to have a simpler application menu option with just the application icons and a search box (like chromeos) ?