We enforce branding guidelines to ensure consistency of imaging and messaging for Solus and its software. If you have any questions, please consult our Press Centre.
Budgie is the flagship desktop of Solus and is a Solus project. Designed with the modern user in mind, it focuses on simplicity and elegance. Written from scratch with integration in mind, the Budgie desktop tightly integrates with the GNOME stack,
employing underlying technologies to offer an alternative desktop experience.
- Budgie desktop leverages the open source GTK 3 toolkit.
- Budgie is not based on GNOME Shell.
- “Budgie” - Name of the desktop environment
- “Raven” - Name of our widget / notification center.
- “Widget” - A widget is a modular component that is used in either Budgie’s panel or in the Raven Widget view.
Solus is an operating system that is designed for modern PCs. Every tweak, configuration, and optimization the delivery of a singular, cohesive desktop experience.
- Solus is classified as a tier-one operating system, as it is not based on any upstream operating system, such as Debian. Solus is built from scratch and specifically targets the x86_64 architecture.
- Solus is a Linux-based operating system
- Solus delivers software through two methods:
- Its own package manager, named eopkg.
- Its own from-scratch software center, aptly named “Software Center”. This should not be confused with other application delivery software on other operating systems.
- “Solus” - The name of the operating system. Solus should not be used in conjunction with other acronyms or terminology, such as, but not limited to, the following:
- “Solus OS”
- “Solus Operating System”
- “Solus Linux”
- “eopkg” - The name of the package manager.
- “Software Center” - The name of our graphical tool for the installation and management of software.
You can download our Solus logo asset pack containing the following:
- Colored versions of the Solus “Boat” logo, in addition to the Solus “Boat” logo next to “Solus” name.
- “Solus” name only
Copyrights and Licensing
- Budgie Logo: CC-BY-SA-4.0. Original work by Yuri Henrique, modified by Solus.
- Budgie Name: Copyright © 2014-2016 Solus Project, Ikey Doherty. All Rights Reserved.
- Solus Logo: Copyright © 2016 Solus Project, Ikey Doherty.
- “Solus” Name: Copyright © 2011-2016 Solus Project, Ikey Doherty.
Solus Project permits the usage of our brand assets, specifically the usage of the terms “Budgie”, “Solus”, and the associated Solus image(s) and/or logo(s) for non-commerical use only. The distribution of modified Solus
ISOs, for commercial or non-commercial purposes, is not permitted. If you require access to a modified Solus ISO for a specific reason, e.g. distribution via magazine, then contact us for further
discussion. Usage of our term(s) and/or associated image(s) / logo(s) does not and should not suggest endorsement or sponsorship by Solus Project. Solus Project reserves the right to cancel, modify, or change the permission in our policies at any time
at its sole discretion.