vinoman
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Is Clementine available now?

Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:48 pm

I few months ago I tried Solus. it's OK but not being able to install Clementine was the reason I went back to other distros. Do you have it now?
I tried Gradio and it's OK but not as good as Clementine.

User avatar
ycrawler
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:23 pm

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:42 pm

just checked and no, its not in the repos.
if you want to keep an eye on it and see if it becomes available check https://packages.solus-project.com/shannon/c/

User avatar
kyrios
Posts: 1858
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 pm

I guess it's better to follow the status on the bug tracker.
Actually as long as the Qt5 version of Clementine is not ready, the package won't be added in the repository.

vinoman
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 am

Thanks for letting me know. Gradio is OK.

Is there any other stream players available in Solus?

User avatar
Justin
Development Team
Posts: 3613
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Contact: Website Google+ Twitter

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:43 am

vinoman wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 am
Thanks for letting me know. Gradio is OK.

Is there any other stream players available in Solus?
Plenty, most of the existing audio players will play audio streams.

bwat47
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm

vinoman wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 am
Thanks for letting me know. Gradio is OK.

Is there any other stream players available in Solus?
Check out Tomahawk. It's a qt music player focused on streaming from various different sources and its in the solus repos

vinoman
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:49 pm

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 pm

Will do. Thanks

clauded
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:49 pm

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:53 pm

Clementine is available as a snap :

Code: Select all

snap install clementine
You might have to reboot if you're using snaps for the first time.

King_Boru
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:40 am

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm

bwat47 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:39 pm
vinoman wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:59 am
Thanks for letting me know. Gradio is OK.

Is there any other stream players available in Solus?
Check out Tomahawk. It's a qt music player focused on streaming from various different sources and its in the solus repos
Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers.

Moilleadóir
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:28 am

Re: Is Clementine available now?

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:38 am

kyrios wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:03 pm
I guess it's better to follow the status on the bug tracker.
Actually as long as the Qt5 version of Clementine is not ready, the package won't be added in the repository.
Is there any point subscribing to it if its status is “Closed Won't Fix”?

Return to “Multimedia”