pauly99

Download Videos?

Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:32 pm

I recently purchased a set of golf videos from an online store. I can watch the videos online but would like to download them and am unsure how to do this with Solus Budgie. The videos are within a page so the URL of the page does not match however the video is coming on to the page. Any idea how I can download these videos?

KerfufflyKitty

Re: Download Videos?

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:18 pm

Assuming you are using the default browser (Firefox). If the videos open in full screen within the browser, you may just need to hit Ctrl+S to save them. Alternatively, right click the link that opens the videos and hit "Save Link As..."

Does that work? :)

Edit: I just realized you may be saying this is not the case. If the videos are shown within some kind of a player on the page, then you may not be able to download them. Does the service from which you bought these videos allow you to download them at all?

ycrawler

Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:28 pm

dont know about that site but youtube-dl works for most videos on most sites, not just youtube. just type youtube-dl url_of_webpage
for example youtube-dl https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

silverfox

Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 am

Firefox and Chrome have add-ons/extensions which can download stream videos. Just search for "video downloader" in the add-ons/extensions section of the browsers.

Larry_Gilmore

Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:21 am

I'm using Internet Download Manager (IDM) to download any videos anywhere easily. But its, not a free version you have to buy IDM. It is the best software to download any Videos.

Return to “Multimedia”