userx

no sound using FB and vlc

Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:28 pm

I was in bungey logged out and into FLuxbox, then I started a avi movie file in vlc in fluxbox using this OS, and i get a no sound issue . I used vlc to select the pulseaudio output, still nothing, opened up the PulseAudio sound gui addon and its says connection failed... what are you using in here for sound?

is installing asla a bad thing too? as I am wanting to add volumeicon for control of volume in applet on FB. I just do not want to install haphazardly everything and screw up something only to have to do a reinstall to get rid of issues.

if i just log into FLuxbox off the bat sound works, but that was a mkv file. this is a avi file, don't know if that applies but it is details, so yea I am trying to get this setup properly with Fluxbox, rather have WindowMaker but first things first with FlLuxbox. and I do not want to have to keep bouncing back and forth between Bungey and FB to fix things.

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Re: no sound using FB and vlc

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:18 am

userx wrote:
Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:28 pm
I was in bungey logged out and into FLuxbox, then I started a avi movie file in vlc in fluxbox using this OS, and i get a no sound issue . I used vlc to select the pulseaudio output, still nothing, opened up the PulseAudio sound gui addon and its says connection failed... what are you using in here for sound?

is installing asla a bad thing too? as I am wanting to add volumeicon for control of volume in applet on FB. I just do not want to install haphazardly everything and screw up something only to have to do a reinstall to get rid of issues.

if i just log into FLuxbox off the bat sound works, but that was a mkv file. this is a avi file, don't know if that applies but it is details, so yea I am trying to get this setup properly with Fluxbox, rather have WindowMaker but first things first with FlLuxbox. and I do not want to have to keep bouncing back and forth between Bungey and FB to fix things.
Do you have sound issues with budgie, or just fluxbox?

userx

Re: no sound using FB and vlc

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm

neither when I am only logging in to one or the other, it is when , or , if I go into Budgie and play around a bit, then decide to go into Fluxbox next without rebooting, just log out of Budgie then log into Fluxbox I lose sound. As it stands right not I just go directly into Fluxbox now, so I do not have to even worry about experiencing any sound issues.

Sorry I do not have more detailed information then that as I just took to setting up Fluxbox how I "like" it. in lue of WindowMaker that I cannot get compiled in order to get it installed on to Solus at the moment, if ever. But that is another issue in another post.

Return to “Multimedia”