userx

/usr/bin/gnome-mpv does not play mkv off right click of mouse.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:15 am

Ok I got it to play using the terminal

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/gnome-mpv file.mkv
but whenever I right click and select gnome-mpv to open and play a MKV file nothing happens. Nothing.... why is that, and how to fix it?

EDIT
I actually didn't think just mpv would be in repo so I did not lok until just now. so that is what I am using in WMaker.
Last edited by userx on Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

userx

Re: /usr/bin/gnome-mpv does not play mkv off right click of mouse.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 pm

so now i am trying to install just MVP and getting this issue with devel packages in stalled. I am not sure how to find ffmpeg sub libs versions are.

Checking for FFmpeg/Libav present                                    : yes 
Checking for libav* is FFmpeg                                        : yes 
Checking for libav* is Libav                                         : no 
[b]Checking for Libav/FFmpeg library versions                           : no ('libavutil >= 56.6.100 libavcodec >= 58.7.100 libavformat >= 58.0.102 libswscale >= 5.0.101 libavfilter >= 7.0.101 libswresample >= 3.0.100' not found) [/b]
Unable to find development files for some of the required FFmpeg/Libav libraries. Git master is recommended.

userx@solus3 ~/Downloads/mpv $ sudo eopkg info ffmpeg-devel
Installed package:
Name                : ffmpeg-devel, version: 3.4.1, release: 41
Summary             : Development files for ffmpeg
Description         : FFmpeg is a multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux,
stream, filter and play several formats that humans and machines have created.
Licenses            : LGPL-3.0, GPL-3.0
Component           : programming.devel
Provides            : pkgconfig(libavformat) pkgconfig(libavfilter) pkgconfig(libavcodec) pkgconfig(libavutil)
                      pkgconfig(libavresample) pkgconfig(libswresample) pkgconfig(libswscale) pkgconfig(libpostproc)
                      pkgconfig(libavdevice) 
Dependencies        : ffmpeg 
Distribution        : Solus, Dist. Release: 1
Architecture        : x86_64, Installed Size: 1.06 MB
Reverse Dependencies: 

Package found in Solus repository:
Name                : ffmpeg-devel, version: 3.4.1, release: 41
Summary             : Development files for ffmpeg
Description         : FFmpeg is a multimedia framework, able to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux,
stream, filter and play several formats that humans and machines have created.
Licenses            : LGPL-3.0, GPL-3.0
Component           : programming.devel
Provides            : pkgconfig(libavformat) pkgconfig(libavfilter) pkgconfig(libavcodec) pkgconfig(libavutil)
                      pkgconfig(libavresample) pkgconfig(libswresample) pkgconfig(libswscale) pkgconfig(libpostproc)
                      pkgconfig(libavdevice) 
Dependencies        : ffmpeg 
Distribution        : Solus, Dist. Release: 1
Architecture        : x86_64, Installed Size: 1.06 MB, Package Size: 202.00 KB
Reverse Dependencies: ffms2-devel 

ffmpeg-devel package is not found in source repositories
the dir are there in /usr/include not sure how to figure out what version is installed to match the one mpv says is not.

Your Libav is too confusing to know what t install for devel package. None of these work to satisfy this installs needs

userx@solus3 ~/Downloads/mpv $ sudo eopkg sr libav | grep \devel
gstreamer-0.10-devel               - Development files for gstreamer-0.10
gstreamer-1.0-plugins-base-devel   - Development files for gstreamer-1.0-plugins-base
libavc1394-devel   

kyrios

Re: /usr/bin/gnome-mpv does not play mkv off right click of mouse.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:41 pm

userx wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 pm
so now i am trying to install just MVP and getting this issue with devel packages in stalled. I am not sure how to find ffmpeg sub libs versions are.

I don't understand what you are doing. The -devel packages are required only if you want to build things from source. Since mpv is in the repository, all you have to do is

sudo eopkg it mpv

userx

Re: [solved] /usr/bin/gnome-mpv does not play mkv off right click of mouse.

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:18 pm

yeah I just assumed that the basic MPV wouldn't be in there due to gnome-mpv .. so I just played .. I'll install it myself, as in my edit in my first post I commented on why I marked it solved. BUT,

Gnome has worked around the mouse issue for setting the volume using the mouse wheel, whereas mpv does seeking via mouse wheel. so that issue with gnome-mpv not working in WindowMaker off the right click still stands. .. whereas it should open the file and play it but it does not do anything.

So that part is still a issue because that is what I desire. To have the mouse wheel control the volume.

Return to “Multimedia”