mk6ve

Re: Issues with Deadbeef

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:25 am

I imagine the general workflow for music players is put files in ~/Music and then the player can open and manage new files that appear there.
Sure, I don't mind that, all of my music dirs are there, or at least symlinked there. The problem is that the 'modern' players don't allow you to browse the actual folder structure and force tag-based library browsing, which creates a rather obvious bunch of annoyances. I honestly don't know what the devs are thinking not having it at least as an option, but here we are.

Anyway, THanks for the help. I'll use ncmpcpp for now and try to escalate the deadbeef issue with plugin author, he seems inactive but maybe I'll get lucky.

eleusis

Re: Issues with Deadbeef

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:25 pm

I think I have the same issue with DeaDBeeF and GTK3 plugins: it gets killed/quits.

I first tried just replacing the files from the Software Centrer install with the binary build, but I must have made a mistake since deadbeef would not run anymore from /usr/bin.

The workaround I have found is to:
- have DeaDBeeF installed via the Software Center (only needed for use of the launcher)
- download the binary build and save the extracted files to "~/.deadbeef" (hidden home folder) or your preference;
- restore or download GTK3 plugins, save .so-files to "~/.local/lib64/deadbeef" (assuming x64 binary in previous step);
- restore settings (if applicable) to "~/.config/deadbeef";
- open gedit from terminal:

Code: Select all

sudo gedit /usr/share/applications/deadbeef.desktop
- edit launcher reference: change "Exec=deadbeef %F" to "Exec=/home/username/.deadbeef/deadbeef" (fill in your "username");

I now have DeaDBeeF running flawlessly with the following plugins:
- RAR, 7z and Gzip archive reader v1.1
- File Browser (GTK3) v0.92
- Musical Spectrum (GTK3) v0.2
- Playback order menu (GTK3) v0.1
- Waveform Seekbar (GTK3) v0.5
- Infobar (GTK3) v1.4
- GNOME multimedia keys support v1.1
- Customizable toolbar for GTKUI (GTK3) v0.1

Would be great if the maintainers would update deadbeef with a working GTK3 option, as my solution is not the cleanest; but I'm not holding my breath.

pic

Return to “Multimedia”