betterunborn

Re: Kodi with Mysql support

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:58 pm

Could you post your $HOME/.kodi/temp/kodi.log when using this mysql setup?

kyrios

Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:51 pm

betterunborn wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:26 pm
But when I launch kodi in Solus it shows me my movie database was empty and in the log the message "ERROR: MySQL library requested but MySQL support is not compiled in. Falling back to sqlite3" still shows.
Yeah sorry my mistake...

I forgot that I had a custom build of Kodi on my test VM and not the version from the repository. And my version had mysql support.
I made a patch for kodi 17.3 that should among other things enable mysql/mariadb support.
It might still take some time until it reaches stable, but it's on the way now...

Again all apologize... I feel so stupid now :roll:

AudreyHannaah

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:43 am

kyrios wrote:
betterunborn wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:26 pm
But when I launch kodi in Solus it shows me my movie database was empty and in the log the message "ERROR: MySQL library requested but MySQL support is not compiled in. Falling back to sqlite3" still shows.
Yeah sorry my mistake...

I forgot that I had a custom build of Kodi on my test VM and not the version from the repository. And my version had mysql support.
I made a patch for kodi 17.3 that should among other things enable mysql/mariadb support.
It might still take some time until it reaches stable, but it's on the way now...

Again all apologize... I feel so stupid now :roll:
So satisfied with the updates and special thanks for the patch

kyrios

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:09 pm

By the way, the patch was standing in the queue, but Justin committed it so it will come together with Kodi 17.4.
The patch should also use the infrared remote control support (would be nice if someone could confirm if it works when Kodi 17.4 will reach stable) :)

Return to “Multimedia”