alexeymeyr

rhythmbox plugin-alternative-toolbar Error

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:10 pm

Hi,
i hope this the correct section for this.
When try to open rhythmbox it close it self after a few seconds.
I tried it via Terminal as well:
(rhythmbox:10129): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to register client: GDBus.Error:org.gnome.SessionManager.AlreadyRegistered: Unable to register client

(rhythmbox:10129): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to parse accelerator '': ignored request to install 1 accelerators

(rhythmbox:10129): Gtk-WARNING **: actionhelper: action app.play-repeat can't be activated due to parameter type mismatch (parameter type b, target type NULL)

(rhythmbox:10129): Gtk-WARNING **: actionhelper: action app.play-shuffle can't be activated due to parameter type mismatch (parameter type b, target type NULL)

(rhythmbox:10129): Gtk-WARNING **: Allocating size to GtkButton 0x19a4880 without calling gtk_widget_get_preferred_width/height(). How does the code know the size to allocate?

(rhythmbox:10129): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_tree_view_update_button_position: assertion 'column_el != NULL' failed
Speicherzugriffsfehler

"Speicherzugriffsfehler" means "Error while reading memory".

And this is a known issue at arch linux:
https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rhyt ... mments=all

After removing the plugin the application i could open the application and its work without any errors.

I hope someone could help me with this error.
Alexey

alexeymeyr

Re: rhythmbox plugin-alternative-toolbar Error

Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:20 pm

After a reinstall of the plugin rhythmbox seems working like before the error occured.

Ricco

Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:25 am

Its still a problem. I did the same, removed, re-installed after a few times it crashed again with the same errors so i had to remove the plugin again.

Justin
Development Team

Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:28 am

Seems an issue with the code itself, please report upstream: https://github.com/fossfreedom/alternat ... bar/issues

Etamuk

Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:43 am

You don't need to reinstall to get Rhythmbox working again.
After enabling the alternative layout Rhythmbox crashes (and does't start again) when inactivating "Modern style".
To get it working again simply open dconf editor and change the value /org/gnome/rhythmbox/plugins/alternative_toolbar/display-type from 2 to default.

This works for me.

Rhythmbox 3.4.1
Plugin Alternatives Erscheinungsbild 0.17.4

Return to “Multimedia”