For anyone with screen tearing issues using Intel onboard graphics...
1) From the software center, Install xorg-driver-video-intel
2) Create a file called 20-intel.conf , then copy & paste the following in it...
Identifier "Intel Graphics"
Option "AccelMethod" "sna"
Option "TearFree" "true"
4) Open your file manager as root and navigate to /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
*By locating it here (rather than /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/), you assure continuation through any software updates)
5) Paste 20-intel.conf to that folder
6) Exit your file manager and reboot.
Note: Users of Firefox should also make sure to uncheck 'smooth scrolling' in FF Prefs/General.
Last edited by GreenMartian
on Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:42 am, edited 4 times in total.