testmonkey

How to disable core dumps?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:16 am

Hi, I've noticed that as of a recent update, every time I run a program that crashes (which is an everyday occurrence in development), I get a gigabyte core dump in same folder. The /tmp folder would be a more appropriate place, but that's not the real problem. The real problem is that its filename starts with ".", so you can't even see it unless you're really looking for it. Suddenly disk space starts to disappear, and it's unclear why, nevermind the fact that I didn't want the dump in the first place.

How can I disable this? Any clue why it suddenly started happening? I guess it might be a new compiler "feature", but that doesn't much sense either.

Justin
Development Team

Re: How to disable core dumps?

Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 am

These should no longer be being created. Are they timestamped current?

testmonkey

Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm

Literally just today this seems to have stopped happening. If it reoccurs, I'll post back here, but most likely I just didn't get your update in time. Thanks for fixing this!

kyrios

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:45 pm

testmonkey wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:00 pm
Literally just today this seems to have stopped happening. If it reoccurs, I'll post back here, but most likely I just didn't get your update in time. Thanks for fixing this!
Perhaps you only updated your system today ?

Return to “Tutorials”