colsartoris

Dell XPS 13 Touchscreen: libinput-gestures and Screen Resolutions

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:26 am

I just installed Solus Budgie on my Dell XPS 13 Touchscreen this morning, and so far, I am really happy with it. I am having two struggles, though, that I was hoping someone might have some hints about:

• libinput-gestures I installed it from the Software Center (assuming it would be the most up-to-date revision that I would need for Budgie). Once installed, though, I can't get it to open. At all. The trackpad works just fine otherwise (in fact it reacts better than most other distros on this laptop).
  • Screen Resolutions 3200x1800 is the only 16:9 resolution available. I see that this issue has been reported already to the dev team; however, I was curious if anyone had any luck with adding a particular resolution on this machine. Also, what route did you go to make it permanent? xconf.org?

Any help you all might have would be much appreciated. Thanks!

kyrios

Re: Dell XPS 13 Touchscreen: libinput-gestures and Screen Resolutions

Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:21 am

colsartoris wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:26 am
I just installed Solus Budgie on my Dell XPS 13 Touchscreen this morning, and so far, I am really happy with it. I am having two struggles, though, that I was hoping someone might have some hints about:

• libinput-gestures I installed it from the Software Center (assuming it would be the most up-to-date revision that I would need for Budgie). Once installed, though, I can't get it to open. At all. The trackpad works just fine otherwise (in fact it reacts better than most other distros on this laptop).
  • Screen Resolutions 3200x1800 is the only 16:9 resolution available. I see that this issue has been reported already to the dev team; however, I was curious if anyone had any luck with adding a particular resolution on this machine. Also, what route did you go to make it permanent? xconf.org?

Any help you all might have would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Did you add your user in the input group, start the service, ...
https://github.com/bulletmark/libinput- ... t-gestures

colsartoris

Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:27 pm

kyrios wrote:
That is a good tip, thanks. I did do that. The trouble isn't that it doesn't recognize the trackpad; the trouble is that the application simply won't open/start.

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am

colsartoris wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:27 pm
kyrios wrote:
That is a good tip, thanks. I did do that. The trouble isn't that it doesn't recognize the trackpad; the trouble is that the application simply won't open/start.
Run 'libinput-gestures' from the terminal and it will output the issues

colsartoris

Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:28 am

sunnyflunk wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:42 am
Run 'libinput-gestures' from the terminal and it will output the issues
This worked well. I have it running now! Thanks!

Return to “Tutorials”