User avatar
Justin
Development Team
Posts: 3617
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Contact: Website Google+ Twitter

Re: Using PiSI/eopkg

Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:14 am

Or

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg it /path/to/multiple/*.eopkg

oz42oz42
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 am

Re: Using eopkg

Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am

How is the proxy config syntax in eopkg.conf? Something like http_proxy = http://proxy:8080 does not work.

sunnyflunk
Development Team
Posts: 2967
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 pm

Re: Using eopkg

Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:37 pm

oz42oz42 wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:26 am
How is the proxy config syntax in eopkg.conf? Something like http_proxy = http://proxy:8080 does not work.
There is also https_proxy, as the servers are hosted via https

srishabh
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon May 22, 2017 6:54 am

Re: Installing pstoedit in solus

Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am

I have been using solus for a long time and now I needed to install 'pstoedit' to compile latex in Inkscape. However, eopkg does not have 'pstoedit' and installing from source code gave an error that "C is not able to create executables".
Can someone please help me with it?

User avatar
kyrios
Posts: 2060
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: Installing pstoedit in solus

Mon May 22, 2017 9:16 am

srishabh wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am
I have been using solus for a long time and now I needed to install 'pstoedit' to compile latex in Inkscape. However, eopkg does not have 'pstoedit' and installing from source code gave an error that "C is not able to create executables".
Can someone please help me with it?
I would suggest to open a dedicated topic for this as it is not eopkg-related anymore. Also it will give a little more visibility to your question.

User avatar
Justin
Development Team
Posts: 3617
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Contact: Website Google+ Twitter

Re: Installing pstoedit in solus

Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:12 am

srishabh wrote:
Mon May 22, 2017 6:59 am
I have been using solus for a long time and now I needed to install 'pstoedit' to compile latex in Inkscape. However, eopkg does not have 'pstoedit' and installing from source code gave an error that "C is not able to create executables".
Can someone please help me with it?
To compile code the first step is to install our basic tools for it:

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg it -c system.devel

Legna
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Re: Using eopkg

Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 am

Hi,

I'm new to Solus, coming from Arch.
I really like it even if it's a bit more ram eating than my previous arch plasma 5 one.

By any chance, is there a way to indicate in the "eopkg sr" command which packages are already installed?
This is something I find really efficient and clear but did not find any clue when reading the forum / searching the gigantic web.

Thanks for your work.

User avatar
Justin
Development Team
Posts: 3617
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Contact: Website Google+ Twitter

Re: Using eopkg

Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:46 am

Legna wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:07 am
Hi,

I'm new to Solus, coming from Arch.
I really like it even if it's a bit more ram eating than my previous arch plasma 5 one.

By any chance, is there a way to indicate in the "eopkg sr" command which packages are already installed?
This is something I find really efficient and clear but did not find any clue when reading the forum / searching the gigantic web.

Thanks for your work.
la (list-available does indicate which are installed) however search doesn't.

This is however something that can be looked into when the package manager is re-written.

Legna
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:44 pm

Re: Using eopkg

Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:10 am

You mean "li"? Yep I'm using li + grep.
For me "la" is to look for package in repository.

Good to know it'll be available for the new package manager!

User avatar
Justin
Development Team
Posts: 3617
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:42 am
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Contact: Website Google+ Twitter

Re: Using eopkg

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:12 am

Legna wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:10 am
You mean "li"? Yep I'm using li + grep.
For me "la" is to look for package in repository.

Good to know it'll be available for the new package manager!
Nah la shows installed in green, others in white.

Return to “Tutorials”