RMARKEN5

Install guide Oracle 11g for Solus?

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:20 am

I read some other posts on the forums in regards to installing oracle 11g without a resolution. I was wondering if anyone had any success installing oracle 11g on Solus since? I can run the installer but Solus seems to have some trouble loading dialogs when going from step to step. I've read on S.O. that it was something to do with a bug in GNOME. I was able to use keyboard commands to go submit the dialogs but I don't know what they say or what I'm actually submitting. Also, it seems like a lot of prerequisites were not met. Oracle generates a script to resolve these but it didn't seem to actually do anything since they all failed again on subsequent prereq checks. :cry: I was just wondering if anyone had any success setting up Oracle 11g or was able to work around any of these issues. Attachment shows screen without dialog where it should be displayed.
Oracle_SS.png
Oracle_SS.png (35.42 KiB) Viewed 211 times

tl;dr - Installation wizard is not displaying correctly. Can't finish installation. Need a guide or work around for installing on Solus.

Thanks in advance! :mrgreen:

clauded

Re: Install guide Oracle 11g for Solus?

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Personally, I would install it in a VM. As mentioned here https://dba.stackexchange.com/questions ... stallation, seems to be a gnome display problem or something related to the jdk. Since it seems like xfce doesn't have the problem, I would create a xubuntu VM and install Oracle on it. This has the advantage of not polluting your Solus setup 8-)

Return to “Tutorials”