nhk--

Re: Internet Connection Speed Thread

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:54 am

Justin wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:51 am
nhk-- wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:12 am
I generally get 945mbps down... I guess being prime time saturday night MR have congestion... haha
Yeah Wollongong, one of the only places in Australia you can get that kind of speed for a reasonable price. I'm with MR too but only 100mbps.

So we should host the Australian repo on your connection? :P
could do it's only 400mbit upload and not sure what's going to happen after the 12 months. I think they are gonna either kick us off or try and make us pay what it's worth (which is too much I think it's $300 just for CVC + then all the rest - i'm only paying $130) so it would probably be only temporary. I could dig out a spare hp microserver in the garage

Justin
Development Team

Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:47 am

Ah didn't know it was limited time only offer. I've got 40mbps upload here but didn't pay for the gamer package so no outside access (port forwarding).

nhk--

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 am

Justin wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:47 am
Ah didn't know it was limited time only offer. I've got 40mbps upload here but didn't pay for the gamer package so no outside access (port forwarding).
I think you could use a VPN to get around the CGNAT but I haven't bothered with it, i.e you connect to a VPN and port forward the VPN connection...

have a look here https://blogs.s-osg.org/use-external-se ... cape-nats/

still a bit of a pain. although i guess CGNAT acts as sort of a big firewall for your home internet connection

Justin
Development Team

Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:59 am

Yeah it's a bit of a pain, if only more of the internet had moved to ipv6 we'd not have issues with limited ipv4 numbers and these types of NAT. If I really want to I'll pay the $10 and get the static routable IP.

packet17

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 am

miqrojamie wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:05 pm
A thread to share your Internet connection speed. I'm not sure this is in the right place because it doesn't directly relate to Solus, it's more of a community thing.

I'm with BT, and am currently using the Infinity 2 package. Supposed to be getting 76mbps down and 18mbps up, but I'm getting quite less than that as of late (although the upload speed is slightly faster than promised!) - used to get 71mbps as recently as last month but it suddenly went down a few weeks ago...

I'm using the speed test as shown on http://nperf.com/en instead of more popular choices, and am doing the test from OVH datacentre in France (in fact it is the same data centre my own site is hosted in).
This is results over my vpn: Comcast cable lower end package. Openvpn UDP connection gives me faster speed then what I pay for!

speedtest-cli
Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
Testing from Nobis Technology Group (173.234.XX.XXX)...
Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
Selecting best server based on ping...
Hosted by Comcast (Chicago, IL) [4.78 km]: 41.685 ms
Testing download speed................................................................................
Download: 25.42 Mbit/s
Testing upload speed................................................................................................
Upload: 5.47 Mbit/s

Return to “Share All The Things!”