ThanosApostolou

Personal Repository for Solus with the latest development MATE packages [DISCONTINUED]

Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:36 pm

EDIT: this has been discontinued now that MATE 1.20 is in the official repositories.

Instructions on how to add the repository at README.md here: [see edit at the top] . You just need to make sure that this repository is added at highest priority (top position). I push new packages at master and then I push them to stable branch (usually after Friday's sync).

DISCLAIMER:
This is a personal repository. There's not guarantee that everything will work flawlessly or that I will continue maintaining this repository even after MATE 1.20 has been released.

I use this repository personally and everything seem fine. If you find any problems or have any suggestions let me know. Enjoy! :D
Last edited by ThanosApostolou on Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

Justin
Development Team

Re: Personal Repository for Solus with the latest development MATE packages

Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 am

If you or your users are going to use unstable it is also best to disable the "Solus" (aka stable) repository as it can cause issues.

ThanosApostolou

Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:58 am

Justin wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:39 am
If you or your users are going to use unstable it is also best to disable the "Solus" (aka stable) repository as it can cause issues.
Aaaa I thought that by changing the repositories' order then it would be safe to leave Solus (stable) enabled. I updated the README ;)

ThanosApostolou

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 pm

I added "100" prefix to all packages' release number, because I saw with latest updates that when the release number of a package is the same with the one of the official repositories, then the official repositories' package is preferred. That way, I make sure that the release number in the packages of my repository will always be higher.

kyrios

Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:57 pm

ThanosApostolou wrote:
I added "100" prefix to all packages' release number, because I saw with latest updates that when the release number of a package is the same with the one of the official repositories, then the official repositories' package is preferred. That way, I make sure that the release number in the packages of my repository will always be higher.
What will happen when a user wants to switch back to the mate packages from the official repo ?

ThanosApostolou

Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:09 pm

kyrios wrote:
ThanosApostolou wrote:
What will happen when a user wants to switch back to the mate packages from the official repo ?
Well, I've asked ikey on irc and he told me that there isn't any ability currently on eopkg, for someone to force all packages to be installed from the official repositories, after they remove my repository. The only way to do that is to remove my repository and then do

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg it --reinstall
for every package that existed in my repository. I'll add these instructions at README.

ThanosApostolou

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm

kyrios wrote:
ThanosApostolou wrote:
I added a few instructions and a script to automatically revert changes: https://github.com/ThanosApostolou/solu ... /revert.sh (my bash skills are limited but I got it done with some research). If you have time to look it up tell me your opinion! ;)

kyrios

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:41 pm

ThanosApostolou wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:32 pm
my bash skills are limited but I got it done with some research
looks like we have something in common! :lol:

ThanosApostolou

Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:57 pm

UPDATE

I merged both ypkg and binary files at the same repository: https://github.com/ThanosApostolou/solu ... repository. The README.md file has both instructions for adding the repository and for building the packages.

I rebuilt everything just to be sure and updated everything to the latest versions. Happy to see that marco has quarter tilling ability now (even thought resizing tilled windows, still has some bugs). :D

Return to “Share All The Things!”