- Some applications and games don't work with the latest wine versions yet and they might take years until they do.
- Using wine staging from Playonlinux always leads to problems as it is very likely to get many ABI incompatibilities between their bundled libraries and system's libraries.
- This build applies the staging patches over the vanilla wine so that there is control over them, which makes it possible to disable some of them if they cause troubles in future releases
- This build has the gallium nine (d3d9) patches similar to the official build.
- Versions are kept behind, in comparison with the official wine build, because staging and d3d9 patches need to be ready first
- I personally use this repository because I need it for League of Legends which doesn't work with vanilla wine (I don't really play games anymore but I need something to relax sometimes ). However, my time is kinda limited and building takes more than 3 hours in my system, so I cannot guarantee that I will update the repository immediately after a release, but I will try to do it in a reasonable amount of days.