ThanosApostolou

Personal repository for Solus with WIne Staging package

Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:53 pm

I made a repository for wine staging: https://github.com/ThanosApostolou/solu ... repository. Readme.md has instructions on how to enable the repository. If you don't trust me and you don't want to use binaries directly from my repository, then you can clone the repo and build the packages yourself as it includes all the necessary files for building (you just need to clone the solus common repository and link the makefile as described in Solus wiki for building packages).

REASONS:
  • Some applications and games don't work with the latest wine versions yet and they might take years until they do.
  • Using wine staging from Playonlinux always leads to problems as it is very likely to get many ABI incompatibilities between their bundled libraries and system's libraries.
NOTES:
  • This build applies the staging patches over the vanilla wine so that there is control over them, which makes it possible to disable some of them if they cause troubles in future releases
  • This build has the gallium nine (d3d9) patches similar to the official build.
  • Versions are kept behind, in comparison with the official wine build, because staging and d3d9 patches need to be ready first
  • I personally use this repository because I need it for League of Legends which doesn't work with vanilla wine (I don't really play games anymore but I need something to relax sometimes :D). However, my time is kinda limited and building takes more than 3 hours in my system, so I cannot guarantee that I will update the repository immediately after a release, but I will try to do it in a reasonable amount of days.

AVerySolusUser

Re: Personal repository for Solus with WIne Staging package

Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 am

Will this work for users using the proprietary drivers for Nvidia? Cheers!

ThanosApostolou

Re: Personal repository for Solus with WIne Staging package

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:05 pm

AVerySolusUser wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 am
Will this work for users using the proprietary drivers for Nvidia? Cheers!
I don't see any reason why this wouldn't work with Nvidia proprietary drivers (it's built the same way as the official wine package, just with the staging patches). Of course you can try yourself and tell me if something didn't work (reverting is really easy, there are instructions on github).

Return to “Share All The Things!”