RunningAroundIC

Re: What do you use Solus for?

Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Just installed it on my laptop, and i am loving it :)

Gonna use it for web programming and python, and other development :)

Also just general use :)

Neustrie

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:22 pm

Hi,

I use Solus for Internet/mail/calendar............
Organize my photos and watch my videos memories.
Listen and tag music... The music is very important to me :)

@+

supermelon

Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:42 pm

Coding with WebStorm, Meteor and Node.js.
Cool stuff!

Andril

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 am

I wanted a complete OS and not another distro hop - i used various distros and none really held up to the OS standards. The Solus (Evole) OS betas were more complete than what I had experienced and shortly after I started to use it the Software Center was filled with everything i needed to take me away from Windows and Mac OS. The community helped with a lot and the hard work of the developers made everything feel custom. This is my daily OS.
User • Fan • Budgie User • Stable • Patreon Participant

rskrodzki

Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:04 am

I just started using Solus today. I am planning on using it for all my computing needs. So far it has exceeded my expectations and is a pretty slick and well built OS. I migrated to this after hearing about Budgie and since this was the source of that DM I thought i would give it a whirl.

miqrojamie

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:59 am

Just general computer use: web browsing, email, IRC, retro games, document writing, etc. and I feel it is excellent for the home user. Not too hard to set up and use, good community and best of all, it's worth much more than it costs to use it ;)

Ahh, I love making little compliments about things I like :)
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
https://www.miqrojamie.me.uk/

pdhunter1987

Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:36 am

"Home Computing".

;)

emmetts

Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:06 pm

For gaming steam(dota2,cs go),wps (office),browser for streaming anything and i love love love budgie linux so smooth ;)

Devil505

Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:18 pm

Home computing, games (steam & war thunder) and raw photo editing (darktable). ;)

Spud13y

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:02 pm

I put Solus 3 on my laptop and gaming PC. Very satisfied with them both. The last ISO that was released couldn't install with my NVIDIA card(not without installing it first and then using the Live CD to access the new system to change a hidden file) but this one did with no problems. Games run great on it! I tried Tomb Raider and got well over 120 fps (something that openSUSE Tumbleweed couldn't do, even with the proprietary driver). Cook, Serve, Delicious is the only game that doesn't launch no matter what I do. I hope the sequel won't be too picky. I'll have to figure out how to use my Xbox One controller with it. Once I got it to work in a few games, but the other two times it failed to register.

Otherwise I use it for general use: web browsing (I had to install Chromium via Snap to get YouTube to work properly), writing documents, light photo manipulation, watching videos, and listening to music.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”