sondya.boberg

Re: What is your prefered Solus DE

Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:24 am

I like Budgie the most. But there are at least 4 major annoyances that get on my nerves:

1. Opening Firefox, then opening another window in Firefox (like the history bar, a private window, etc.), then closing the original window, has the new window not back to the original icon. I saw in an earlier post that this was getting fixed.

2. The power options. I have it set to never blank the screen simply because 15 minutes is way too short for me, given that it still blanks the screen when I am playing a fullscreen game like in Dolphin. Make it 30 minutes and not blank when running a full screen application and that'll be another one fixed.

3. I really wish that the applications menu had power options like in the Brisk Menu.

4. The unnecessary added space at the top of the screen in some applications. Make the window icons and title flush with the top of the application instead of them being their own thing. Something similar to this is the deprecated HTitle in Firefox. And no, I can't use Pixel Saver because my panel is at the bottom of the screen.
Computer: Dell Inspiron 3250
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @ 3.30 GHz, RAM: 8 GB, GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, HDD: 1 TB

Justin
Development Team

Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:33 am

sondya.boberg wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:24 am
I like Budgie the most. But there are at least 4 major annoyances that get on my nerves:

1. Opening Firefox, then opening another window in Firefox (like the history bar, a private window, etc.), then closing the original window, has the new window not back to the original icon. I saw in an earlier post that this was getting fixed.

2. The power options. I have it set to never blank the screen simply because 15 minutes is way too short for me, given that it still blanks the screen when I am playing a fullscreen game like in Dolphin. Make it 30 minutes and not blank when running a full screen application and that'll be another one fixed.

3. I really wish that the applications menu had power options like in the Brisk Menu.

4. The unnecessary added space at the top of the screen in some applications. Make the window icons and title flush with the top of the application instead of them being their own thing. Something similar to this is the deprecated HTitle in Firefox. And no, I can't use Pixel Saver because my panel is at the bottom of the screen.
Feedback should go in a separate thread, this is just to discuss your favourite. :)

saptech

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:30 pm

I'm using budgie as main DE. It is the first time I've tried it & Solus. So far I'm really enjoying using it. I also install for myself, Openbox, as I use it on all my installed distros. I know OB is a WM & not a DE. I may try lxqt some time down the road. I've never used it.

Evertson

Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:50 pm

Good evening.

I did tell it before . What DE is not THAT important. That's also is a matter of taste. In my case I love the Gnome version. I use it since day one. More important are the huge stability, speed and it's riability. And do not forget the fantastic community. SOLUS : I love it. It started in the Evolve-days and it is still number one.

Have a nice evening and greetings from the Netherlands.

Return to “General Chit-Chat”