Evertson

Re: What is your prefered Solus DE

Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:59 am

For many years I am a Solus fan. First ofcourse "Budgie" but when Gnome joined the family I only use Gnome. It's fantastic. I hope that one day a KDE version will appear. I do not have the guts to "play" with the recent tools that are developed just for KDE. But nevertheless. I will stick to Solus. It's fantastic.

Gr. Evert.

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Evertson wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:59 am
I hope that one day a KDE version will appear.
*pokes head out*

Evertson

Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Sunnyflunk,

Please excuse me. What does that mean. English is not my mothertongue, so excuses for any grammar mistakes.

Gr. Evert

Justin
Development Team

Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:13 am

Evertson wrote:
Sunnyflunk,

Please excuse me. What does that mean. English is not my mothertongue, so excuses for any grammar mistakes.

Gr. Evert
It means he's the guy creating the Solus Plasma edition and is interested in it :)

GreenMartian

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:41 am

Cool Justin, thanks for letting us know that. You're doing a great job with Mate & keep up the good work.

I'll shoot you 3 small issues that I encountered...

1) Right click on the Brisk menu resulted in no options. Therefor, couldn't adjust it's properties.

2) There was one program that, when minimized to the system tray, would highlight behind the black panel bar when subsequently clicked on. Don't remember what program it was...but could have been pithos or veracrypt. You could see a bit of the white highlight behind the system tray area of the panel.

3) No matter how I tried to configured an HP wifi printer (cups & hplip installed & cups enabled and running in systemd) the printer would not be present in any application (Firefox, Pluma, etc) when trying to print. However, the printer did show as configured and default on the printer settings page, as well as the cups web interface. Auto, manual IPP, SMB connections to the printer's WAN address with no luck at any. The new driverless method appeared to find and set the printer, but still no printer found when trying to print from any application. I switched over to Budgie, and the new driverless method worked like butter.

Thanks,
GM

GreenMartian

Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:44 am

Evertson wrote:
Sunnyflunk,

Gr. Evert
Gr. Evert,

It's already in the works and should be added at some point in the near future.

Justin
Development Team

Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:07 am

GreenMartian wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:41 am
Cool Justin, thanks for letting us know that. You're doing a great job with Mate & keep up the good work.

I'll shoot you 3 small issues that I encountered...

1) Right click on the Brisk menu resulted in no options. Therefor, couldn't adjust it's properties.

2) There was one program that, when minimized to the system tray, would highlight behind the black panel bar when subsequently clicked on. Don't remember what program it was...but could have been pithos or veracrypt. You could see a bit of the white highlight behind the system tray area of the panel.

3) No matter how I tried to configured an HP wifi printer (cups & hplip installed & cups enabled and running in systemd) the printer would not be present in any application (Firefox, Pluma, etc) when trying to print. However, the printer did show as configured and default on the printer settings page, as well as the cups web interface. Auto, manual IPP, SMB connections to the printer's WAN address with no luck at any. The new driverless method appeared to find and set the printer, but still no printer found when trying to print from any application. I switched over to Budgie, and the new driverless method worked like butter.

Thanks,
GM
Please put these in a separate post or better yet, report them directly on the Bug Tracker. That way they're not lost in this conversation.

GreenMartian

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:53 am

Justin,

I wouldn't have a problem, but I've transitioned back to Budgie. If you wish to use my feedback, by all means please do.

Thanks,
GM

spinnekop

Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:09 pm

Budgie - definitely. Especially with pixel saver (twice - one for the title in the middle and one for the buttons far right). Would be even nicer if the icon task list grouped multiple windows of the same app.
Screenshot from 2017-10-30 14-07-17.png
Screenshot from 2017-10-30 14-07-17.png (106.28 KiB) Viewed 399 times

Sauron

Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:29 am

Budgie all the way for me. I really like the Raven panel and the customizability of the panels, and the general aesthetic of it all. Now that my only major annoyance should be getting fixed soon (icon task list grouping), I have nothing to complain about. :)

Return to “General Chit-Chat”