chrisfromgreece

Make this now and i will make solusos my daily driver ! Right now i'm using elementary os

Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:53 pm

1) Add all the non free and free firmware ! firmware for dvb tv usb sticks, wifi network cards etc etc
2) Add Kaffeine on your repository

Optional: 3) Change the packaging manager software so you can install more than one application/package a time
Optional: 4) Make packaging system easier , i can programm using c# and mono (my favorite) but i couldn't make packaging work after reading the manual,
maybe i should invest more time i don't know i never figure it out !

kyrios

Re: Make this now and i will make solusos my daily driver ! Right now i'm using elementary os

Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 pm

chrisfromgreece wrote:
Make packaging system easier , i can programm using c# and mono (my favorite) but i couldn't make packaging work after reading the manual,
Solus packaging system is quite basic and thus it is by far the easiest packaging system among the various linux distro. It just consist of creating a simple yml file. It would be very surprising you could code c# and not make a YML file !
If you have problems setting up your packaging environment, perhaps you could ask for help first instead of complaining and criticize, don't you think ?
Also on the youtube channel there are some Learning Solus packaging videos.

Justin
Development Team

Re: Make this now and i will make solusos my daily driver ! Right now i'm using elementary os

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:56 am

1) We'd need help with that as we don't have EVERY digital tv tuner on hand to test
2) Already is:

Code: Select all

kaffeine         - Kaffeine Media Player
3) Yes it needs improvements but if you want to install multiple at a time you can use eopkg form a a terminal https://solus-project.com/articles/pack ... basics/en/
4) It's quite easy, as easy or easier than most other packaging formats. Jump in IRC while you're working on it to get assistance.

chrisfromgreece

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:42 pm

kyrios wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:30 pm
chrisfromgreece wrote:
Make packaging system easier , i can programm using c# and mono (my favorite) but i couldn't make packaging work after reading the manual,
Solus packaging system is quite basic and thus it is by far the easiest packaging system among the various linux distro. It just consist of creating a simple yml file. It would be very surprising you could code c# and not make a YML file !
If you have problems setting up your packaging environment, perhaps you could ask for help first instead of complaining and criticize, don't you think ?
Also on the youtube channel there are some Learning Solus packaging videos.
Well i have created everything required maybe its simple indeed.

chrisfromgreece

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:45 pm

Justin wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:56 am
1) We'd need help with that as we don't have EVERY digital tv tuner on hand to test
2) Already is:

Code: Select all

kaffeine         - Kaffeine Media Player
3) Yes it needs improvements but if you want to install multiple at a time you can use eopkg form a a terminal https://solus-project.com/articles/pack ... basics/en/
4) It's quite easy, as easy or easier than most other packaging formats. Jump in IRC while you're working on it to get assistance.
I see when i tested it last time (may?) there isn't kaffeine .
Now about firmware i'm sure its not too hard. I need tv cause on my room i don't have a tv but i have a large pc monitor so i use it as a tv using an inexpensive tv tuner i bought from ebay for 10$ and its 1000% compatible with linux after the 4version of kernel (3.xx not supported).

kyrios

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:57 pm

chrisfromgreece wrote:
Now about firmware i'm sure its not too hard. I need tv cause on my room i don't have a tv but i have a large pc monitor so i use it as a tv using an inexpensive tv tuner i bought from ebay for 10$ and its 1000% compatible with linux after the 4version of kernel (3.xx not supported).
Have you already made a request for it as suggested here and there ?

chrisfromgreece

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:38 pm

I've Tested the latest iso and it rocks !
Linux users should know more about solus os because its a very good distro !
I want this as my daily driver 100%
But i have a problem it didn't recognise my dvb usb tvtuner it doesn't show up on kaffeine
It should be recognised as Integrated Technology Express, Inc. Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick
and on kaffeine as afatech 9033.
I will install solusos and try to make it work maybe its simple .

kyrios wrote:
chrisfromgreece wrote:

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 pm

chrisfromgreece wrote:
Linux users should know more about solus os because its a very good distro !
I want this as my daily driver 100%
But i have a problem it didn't recognise my dvb usb tvtuner it doesn't show up on kaffeine
It should be recognised as Integrated Technology Express, Inc. Zolid Mini DVB-T Stick

kyrios wrote:
chrisfromgreece wrote:
If you create a task here: https://dev.solus-project.com/ this needs to be enabled in the kernel https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DVB_USB_AF9035.html

It will then be enabled on next rebuild

chrisfromgreece

Is there anything i can do to enable the dvb modules ?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 am

There's no /dev/dvb !
Do i need to compile any modules and how i can do this can you help me ?

sunnyflunk wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:50 pm
chrisfromgreece wrote:
Linux users should know more about solus os because its a very good distro !I want this as my daily driver 100%<

kyrios wrote:

If you create a task here: https://dev.solus-project.com/ this needs to be enabled in the kernel https://cateee.net/lkddb/web-lkddb/DVB_USB_AF9035.html

It will then be enabled on next rebuild

kyrios

Re: Is there anything i can do to enable the dvb modules ?

Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:59 pm

chrisfromgreece wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:52 am
There's no /dev/dvb !
Do i need to compile any modules and how i can do this can you help me ?
Looks like you finally made a request ! :)
Now you have to wait for it to be processed

Return to “General Chit-Chat”