sen101

Spinning animation (loading circle) faster than usual?

Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi, I'm just wondering if there is a way to change the speed of the spinning animation in Budgie. After one of the required and other updates I did via the software centre, the spinning animation at the updates section of the software center a lot quicker than usual. This can also be seen in Nautilus at the bottom right window when you're searching for files (or anything that uses that spinning animation)

At first I thought some update via Solus broke it and it'll be pushed but I have another laptop that has Solus and I have not run into this weird issue with the latest updates. Trying to solve it but I have no idea where to start lol
Last edited by sen101 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

sen101

Re: Spinning animation (loading circle) faster than usual?

Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:00 am

Here's a .gif of it: https://imgur.com/a/tW90D

It's faster in person compared to the recorded footage but even that's still faster than the normal animation speed

sen101

Re: Spinning animation (loading circle) faster than usual?

Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:02 am

Upon further testing, this seems to be an issue when I am using Nvidia (proprietary) drivers. If I am using Intel (with nouveau.modeset=0 as the kernel parameter before installing the Nvidia drivers), they are normal and if it is Nouveau (with nomodeset as the kernel parameter), the animations are disabled

Return to “Other Questions”