Nobody11211

[SOLVED] Feedreader & TTRSS - not working

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:43 pm

Hey guys,

I am using feedreader to read the news + I have a server where TTRSS is intalled.
I have the following issue. When I install Feedreader and connect for the first time to TTRSS, everything seems to be working fine. After a computer restart, feedreader does not connect anymore to my TTRSS server (getting the "offline" error). In terminal, I get the following output when I click the refresh/update feed button from feedreader:

Code: Select all

** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: DBusConnection: syncStarted
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: ArticleList: get State
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: SELECT count(*) FROM articles WHERE date < (SELECT date FROM articles WHERE articleID = "1661" ) AND feedID IN ("160","202","186","172","171","170","149") AND unread = 9  ORDER BY date COLLATE NOCASE ASC
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: scrollpos 0,000000
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: offset 0
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: UpdateButton: update status
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: DBusConnection: setOffline
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: DBusConnection: setOffline
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: DBusConnection: syncFinished
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: MainWindow: show content
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: HeaderBar: setButtonsSensitive true
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: UpdateButton: setSensitive true
** (feedreader:6520): DEBUG: UpdateButton: update status
I think the issue is related to the Solus build because, if I install it via flatpak, everything runs smoothly.

Let me know how else I could help :).
Last edited by Nobody11211 on Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nobody11211

Re: Feedreader & TTRSS - not working

Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:48 pm

Running feedreader-daemon:

Code: Select all

$ feedreader-daemon
** INFO: daemon: Notification actions supported
** INFO: FeedReader Daemon 2.2-dev
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: Opening Database: /home/dorin/.local/share/feedreader/data/feedreader-5.db
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: database already initialized
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: daemon: constructor
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: daemon: new FeedServer and login
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: feedserver: load plugin "ttrss"
** INFO: Plugin Name: Tiny Tiny RSS
** INFO: Plugin Version: 0.1
** INFO: Plugin Website: http://jangernert.github.io/FeedReader/
** INFO: Plugin Dir: /usr/lib64/FeedReader/plugins/
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: feedserver: engine load Tiny Tiny RSS
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: feedserver: plugin loaded Tiny Tiny RSS
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: TTRSS: login
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: ttrss URL: https://XXXX.eu/mytinyrss/api/

** (feedreader-daemon:6813): WARNING **: ttrssUtils.getPasswd: could not load password
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: ttrss URL: https://XXXX.eu/mytinyrss/api/
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: daemon: login status = FEED_READER_LOGIN_RESPONSE_MISSING_PASSWD
** (feedreader-daemon:6813): DEBUG: daemon: bus aquired

** (feedreader-daemon:6813): WARNING **: daemon: Could not aquire name (already running). Will shut down!
So, it seems that feedreader cannot load my password, even though it is stored in the app.

kyrios

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:24 pm

Nobody11211 wrote:
I think the issue is related to the Solus build because, if I install it via flatpak, everything runs smoothly.

I just installed the version from the repo and it works fine for me

Nobody11211

Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 pm

kyrios wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:24 pm
Nobody11211 wrote:

I just installed the version from the repo and it works fine for me
The problem is related to feedreader and its Tiny Tiny RSS plugin in my case. A local RSS aggregator does not require a password to log in for example.

In the above case, it seems that the password is not recognised/not sent to the server in order to allow feedreader to retrieve the news.

In my case, it is also working if I try TTRss immediately after the installation from the official repository. However, once I restart the computer and try to update the feeds, nothing is happening -.> shows the the connection is offline.

LE: Saw that the app was not updated since October 8. Maybe some issues were solved meanwhile... After all, the flatpak version works perfectly.

kyrios

Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:34 pm

Nobody11211 wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:55 pm
The problem is related to feedreader and its Tiny Tiny RSS plugin in my case. A local RSS aggregator does not require a password to log in for example.

In the above case, it seems that the password is not recognised/not sent to the server in order to allow feedreader to retrieve the news.

In my case, it is also working if I try TTRss immediately after the installation from the official repository. However, once I restart the computer and try to update the feeds, nothing is happening -.> shows the the connection is offline.

LE: Saw that the app was not updated since October 8. Maybe some issues were solved meanwhile... After all, the flatpak version works perfectly.

You can open a task for this on the bug tracker.

Nobody11211

Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:40 pm

kyrios wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:34 pm
You can open a task for this on the bug tracker.
Great. Did that: https://dev.solus-project.com/T5652

Will update the forum topic when the solution will be provided there.

Nobody11211

Re: [SOLVED] Feedreader & TTRSS - not working

Thu Feb 01, 2018 12:04 pm

So, the issue was that my ttrss+feedreader passwords were getting stored in default keyring (checked via seahorse/passwords and keys). Had to unlock that keyring manually all the time to make feedreader worked. Did not want to do that ->

-> got rid of the default keyring (all my passwords were getting stored there). How? I accessed .local/share/keyrings and deleted everything I found there. I logged out, and then re-added my TTRSS account to feedreader. The passwords are getting stored now in Login which gets automatically unlocked when you type-in your login password after you turn on the computer.

Now, feedreader runs smoothly.

Return to “Testing”