Nobody11211

Changing the system language - weird behaviour

Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:03 pm

Hello again :). Gonna describe another issue I have with Solus Budgie, which is related to changing the system language.

Got two laptops, A and B.

On computer A, I tried to switch from English to German (or any other language) - displayed as German in the Region & Language settings. I log out/restart the pc. The login page is in German (checked the available top bar options). But once I log in, everything is displayed in English.

On computer B, I try to switch from English to German (or any other language). While looking for the German language, I see that German is displayed as Deutsch in Region & Language settings! After selecting Deutsch, I log out/restart the pc. The login page options (from the top bar) are all in English. However, once I log in, everything is in Deutsch/German.

Wanted to leave this here... maybe some other users have the same issues as me :).

Looking forward for your inputs :D

LE: My issue is that I cannot change the system language for computer A. Any recommendation, help would be more than welcome :)

Nobody11211

Re: Changing the system language - weird behaviour

Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:49 pm

Reinstalled the system today on my root partition (did not format the home partition).

The same problem. I select German, but nothing happens on laptop A :(

Return to “Testing”