holbue

Test a package before available via Updates?

Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Hi,

How can I install a package in the version, that is available in the Solus-Repo but not yet available via Software Update?

Background: Albert is broken, and as I use it very often and also want to contribute with testing, I would like to install the current master version to see, if it's working again...

Thanks!

Evertson

Re: Test a package before available via Updates?

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:03 pm

I installed Albert today. The first time it was working perfectly. After rebooting my machine went down. So I removed Albert. Now everything is, as usual, working perfectly. I guess there is something wrong with Albert.

Greetings, Evertson

kyrios

Re: Test a package before available via Updates?

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:14 pm

holbue wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm
Hi,

How can I install a package in the version, that is available in the Solus-Repo but not yet available via Software Update?

Background: Albert is broken, and as I use it very often and also want to contribute with testing, I would like to install the current master version to see, if it's working again...

Thanks!
You have to be on unstable to get the updates earlier... but as the name states, it is not meant to be used on a daily use.

Regarding Albert, a rollback was performed but it did not solve the issue. You can follow the incident on the bug tracker.

Return to “Testing”