Iiari

Tiny UI suggestion for software center

Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:36 pm

Hi all. Just a quick idea. When using the software center and searching for something, you see the results of the search. For the next search, my first instinct is ALWAYS to hit the nearby search button again to initiate a new search. This doesn't do anything as the button is inactive. Instead, I have to go up and hit the back button, then click in the search field to type the new search. It's a diminutive pain point that fools me every time and makes the app feel limited and unfriendly.

Is there any way to have the pressing the search button bring you back to the blank search page regardless of whether you've done a search or not? Thanks!

kyrios

Re: Tiny UI suggestion for software center

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Iiari wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:36 pm
Hi all. Just a quick idea. When using the software center and searching for something, you see the results of the search. For the next search, my first instinct is ALWAYS to hit the nearby search button again to initiate a new search. This doesn't do anything as the button is inactive. Instead, I have to go up and hit the back button, then click in the search field to type the new search. It's a diminutive pain point that fools me every time and makes the app feel limited and unfriendly.

Is there any way to have the pressing the search button bring you back to the blank search page regardless of whether you've done a search or not? Thanks!
This is a "work in progress" image of how the software center will look like : https://plus.google.com/photos/photo/11 ... 3470273122

ycrawler

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:33 pm

oh no please not one of those god awful slideshow things. please make it switch-off-able at least

BradHeff

Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:30 pm

ycrawler wrote:
oh no please not one of those god awful slideshow things. please make it switch-off-able at least
i agree please make it at least optional to have on. i like the way it is now. Clean and sleek, lets keep it that way

aalhitennf

Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 pm

ycrawler wrote:
+1

I like how it's now. Clean and simple without suggestions and other useless crap forced on my screen like in all other software centers i've used. Functionality updates (like OP's suggestion) are welcome but pls, dont make it awful looking and bloated, just because its the way everyone else does it. Current software center is one of the reasons i liked solus when i first time tried it.

ycrawler

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:06 pm

aalhitennf wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:34 pm
ycrawler wrote:
+1

I like how it's now. Clean and simple without suggestions and other useless crap forced on my screen like in all other software centers i've used. Functionality updates (like OP's suggestion) are welcome but pls, dont make it awful looking and bloated, just because its the way everyone else does it. Current software center is one of the reasons i liked solus when i first time tried it.
agreed. the only thing im missing is the ability to select multiple packages for installation, like in synaptic(which is the only package manager i know of that is actually better than the solus software center)

Justin
Development Team

Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:10 am

ycrawler wrote:
Put in an issue here https://github.com/solus-project/solus-sc/issues so it can be discussed. :)

Return to “Ideas”