Hey

Emaleth

Hey

Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:33 pm

Hello everyone! Well, just wanted to say hi, not realy sure what to say here... Btw. whats up with the "Before you register"?

Craig-toyoracer

Re: Hey

Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:43 am

Hello Emaleth, hope you enjoy Solus. :)

We had some spam issues earlier in the year and that was a first step in fighting the spammers. and life has been good for a while now. :lol:

Emaleth

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:16 am

While we are here, i have a little issue with some programs...
On W10, when i press x on lets say, discord or spotify, it doesn't close the program but rather minimises it to the tray icon and i still get notifications, spotify still plays music etc. Any way to do it on Solus or linux in general? Sorry, its been like 10 years since i used linux.

Justin
Development Team

Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 am

Emaleth wrote:
On W10, when i press x on lets say, discord or spotify, it doesn't close the program but rather minimises it to the tray icon and i still get notifications, spotify still plays music etc. Any way to do it on Solus or linux in general? Sorry, its been like 10 years since i used linux.
It depends on the application, some do this, others don't.

KerfufflyKitty

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:43 am

Justin wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 am
Emaleth wrote:
It depends on the application, some do this, others don't.
I don't know about Discord, because I don't use it, but Spotify does not minimize to tray under Linux. However, you could try to compile AllTray and see if that works. It's really old but compiled under Debian 9 with just some minor modifications to the source code, however AllTray wasn't able to figure out how to use the Plasma (KDE) tray. There's a better chance it could work with Budgie 10.x, but it's still a bit of a long shot. :| Just thought it might be worth mentioning anyway.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”