AVerySolusUser

Hi! Big fan :D

Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:14 pm

I've wanted to use Solus full time for about a year and a half now (Ubuntu GNOME user atm), I first installed it on my Moms laptop so I didnt have to worry about anything. Gotta say, god damn I was impressed!

The UX was stellar, i liked it better than my GNOME setup, everything felt like it worked well and didnt feel clunky at all. Having been so impressed, I decided Id install it on my x230 which is my secondary machine, had the same impressions this time around and was so impressed at just how well everything worked.

It was nice not having to deal with bugs or little annoying quirks that Ubuntu has had for like 9 years. The UI felt truly modern and fit for 2017, the flow was near perfect too. So a couple of months down the line, I haven't yet installed it on my main rigs but the moment my RMA returns, I'l be doing so ASAP.

Sure, theres a couple packages missing here and there (Il setup some requests and try and help port a few that havent been completed yet such as hfsplus-tools) but hey, itl force me to port them so its all good.

Cant wait to switch!

A little about me: Im a UK 20 years old politics junkie and Mobile developer (Android & iOS) but hoping to switch career paths to healthcare at some point. (NHS. Not sure what role I can contribute to but need to get some qualifications sorted at college next year first)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”