goatsharK

Hello from the UK!

Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 pm

Hello,

I am a 29 year old Natural Sciences student and Artist living in the UK. I am a long time Linux user, but I have been on Windows for the last 4ish years mostly, but decided at the beginning of 2018 to return fully to Linux. (i think the Meltdown and Spectre shambles spurred me on to actually do it, somewhere in my head a little voice said something along the lines of "I trust the open source community to pull together to work out how to mitigate these problems and do it faster than the others")

Back when I first used Linux I started out on Red Hat and Mandrake/mandriva and then that little known (!) distro called Ubuntu came out and I used that for a long time.

I have been mostly distro-hopping so far in 2018 but last night decided that I would settle on Solus as I like what you guys have going on here. Plus I would like to contribute in some way or help if I can.

(edit: I like goats and sharks, hence the name :idea: )

kyrios

Re: Hello from the UK!

Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 pm

goatsharK wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:22 pm
Hello,

I am a 29 year old Natural Sciences student and Artist living in the UK. I am a long time Linux user, but I have been on Windows for the last 4ish years mostly, but decided at the beginning of 2018 to return fully to Linux. (i think the Meltdown and Spectre shambles spurred me on to actually do it, somewhere in my head a little voice said something along the lines of "I trust the open source community to pull together to work out how to mitigate these problems and do it faster than the others")

Back when I first used Linux I started out on Red Hat and Mandrake/mandriva and then that little known (!) distro called Ubuntu came out and I used that for a long time.

I have been mostly distro-hopping so far in 2018 but last night decided that I would settle on Solus as I like what you guys have going on here. Plus I would like to contribute in some way or help if I can.

(edit: I like goats and sharks, hence the name :idea: )
Welcome! :)
Glad you decided to settle on Solus.
If you want to contribute here is a good starting point.

goatsharK

Re: Hello from the UK!

Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:05 pm

Thank you! I will check those out !

Return to “Introduce Yourself”