WeebMachine

Linux Newbie - WeebMachine

Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm

Hello all! I'm a brand new member to this community and also brand new to Linux. I am moving over to Linus from windows 10 because I hate it and it's always causing the resources on my laptop to max out and just run slow. Also because of the possibilities!! I have no coding knowledge (I'm a hardware guy) but I've always wanted to learn and already my laptop runs ALOT better than on windows. Now I just need to figure out how to be able to play Old School Runescape on it and I'll be all set 😂

ryangorley

Re: Linux Newbie - WeebMachine

Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:48 am

Hey, WeebMachine. Welcome! This is a great time to learn Linux, and especially Solus. Post your questions on here. The G+ community is pretty active, and if you want to take a stab at IRC you can usually find a developer there during daytime hours in Europe. Glad to have you here!
Managing partner at a FOSS-powered 3D rendering and web interaction studio. Marketing Team Organizer for Inkscape.

pdhunter1987

Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:40 am

WeebMachine wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:46 pm
Hello all! I'm a brand new member to this community and also brand new to Linux. I am moving over to Linus from windows 10 because I hate it and it's always causing the resources on my laptop to max out and just run slow. Also because of the possibilities!! I have no coding knowledge (I'm a hardware guy) but I've always wanted to learn and already my laptop runs ALOT better than on windows. Now I just need to figure out how to be able to play Old School Runescape on it and I'll be all set 😂

Hello WeebMachine!

Welcome to the wonderful and exciting world of Linux and Solus. :D

You have some great reasons why you switched from windows there... much like my reasons I switched.

I used to play runescape classic, however on windows. I'm sure there is a way to play it, as I believe it still runs in the browser.

miqrojamie

Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:57 am

I like the big emoji :3

Welcome WeebMachine! Judging from your username do you watch anime at all? If not, where did you get that username from? ^-^

Yeah I moved to Linux after finding out Windows 10 used 1.6 GB of RAM (out of 3.8 GB on my Acer) when IDLE! No wonder my sister's laptop with just 2 GB RAM is unusable (though I also feel that is due to malware that plagues that system).
Jamie Dignam | miqrojamie
https://www.miqrojamie.me.uk/

Justin
Development Team

Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:45 am

Yeah our phpbb is bborken. code tags don't respect new lines, large emoji etc :thumbsup:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”