retiform

Problems Building Packages

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:15 pm

I have not really been able to figure out how to build packages using the solus package build. I would like to know:
- What do I need from a given package to build it? (Just the source tarball or what?)
- Do I need any command other than just make
- What else is required to build a pacakge

Trying to build some eopkg's, to build things that have been approved, but not yet added. Tor-browser, Eclipse, etc.

Also any tutorials on building packages other than just those two pages of documentation?

I want to be able to help expand the packages available in Solus, I just do not know how.

kyrios

Re: Problems Building Packages

Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:24 pm

retiform wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:15 pm
I have not really been able to figure out how to build packages using the solus package build. I would like to know:
- What do I need from a given package to build it? (Just the source tarball or what?)
- Do I need any command other than just make
- What else is required to build a pacakge

Trying to build some eopkg's, to build things that have been approved, but not yet added. Tor-browser, Eclipse, etc.
You will find the documentation on the help center.
There are also some Learning Solus Packaging videos that are very good to jump in.

More specific answers to your questions:
1) You need the versioned source tarball
2) Once your environment is set up and your package.yml is done, you just need "make" or "make local" (when you have to use local dependencies that are not yet in the repository)
3) Everything is explained in the help center documentation. Take some time to read it.

If you have further questions, just ask around ! :)

Return to “Engagement”