mandeep662

can't install solus 3

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 am

Hi people,

I am using Acer laptop with SSD, currently with windows 10 and ubuntu dual boot on it. However, if I make the USB using rufus with GPT Partition scheme, I can't boot the USB, it says security boot fail.

If I enable the legacy mode, the solus 3 boots but fails to install the bootloader. I'm stuck, i wanna try solus with dual boot on my system.

kyrios

Re: can't install solus 3

Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:09 am

mandeep662 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:45 am
Hi people,

I am using Acer laptop with SSD, currently with windows 10 and ubuntu dual boot on it. However, if I make the USB using rufus with GPT Partition scheme, I can't boot the USB, it says security boot fail.

If I enable the legacy mode, the solus 3 boots but fails to install the bootloader. I'm stuck, i wanna try solus with dual boot on my system.
Please have a look at the documentation.
Make sure secure boot is disabled and check the selected options in rufus are in line with the ones from the installation manual.

mandeep662

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm

Thank you so much. I managed to install the solus but windows boot directly. I have to to the boot menu and select it from there.

I see few entries in boot menu:
Linux bootloader
ubuntu
Windows bootloader

How can I fix this?

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:17 am

mandeep662 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:11 pm
Thank you so much. I managed to install the solus but windows boot directly. I have to to the boot menu and select it from there.

I see few entries in boot menu:
Linux bootloader
ubuntu
Windows bootloader

How can I fix this?
That is the typical way of booting multiple bootloaders (how UEFI is intended).

Grub is not compatible with systemd-boot, so it won't show all 3 distributions. The Solus boot menu will show windows (if it's on the same ESP), and Grub won't show Solus.

To show the Solus boot menu, see https://solus-project.com/articles/trou ... lt-on-boot

Return to “Installation”