Can not change language in Install manager

Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

First of all sorry for any gramma mistakes. Here is my story.

Install OS manager asked me about my keyboard layout and i choosed my native language, after this it wanted me to name my computer and create User, but it requiers to use English and i could not change language via cmd+space so i returned to keyboard layout settings and changed it to English then entered computer name and user with password, BUT after this i returned to keyboard layout settings again and changed them to my native language.
So, now i am stuck on Login screen because it is using my native language keyboard layout, but wants me to enter password in English.
And here is my questions, is it possible to choose more than one layouts in Install manager and swith between them? and how to add English on login screen via ctrl+alt+f2?

Re: Can not change language in Install manager

Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:39 am

I just tried to install solus today and I faced this problem too. Fortunately, I could change the keyboard layout to english(after I add my native language keyboard layout from regional settings) temporary and managed to move on, until I found that installer also changes and use as default the native language keyboard layout. So, I tried to go back to see if there is an option to use english as default keyboard layout, but there is no option for this. And when I tried to search the forum for a solution I couldn't write english characters any more and I also couldn't switch to english keyboard layout(with the keyboard combination shortcut or from language indicator).
I haven't boot to solus installation yet because I'm pretty sure that I will have the same problem, because the installer desided to use my native language keyboard layout as default. So I'm writing this from another linux installation in which I can switch keyboard layouts.
As I suspected I couldn't login because there was no option to change keyboard layout in gdm and I couldn't input my password. I' ve managed to login from a tty by using alt+ctl+F1, I found and edited the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ 00-keyboard.conf file, to add the english layout. After a reboot the default layout was english and I could input the password.

Re: Can not change language in Install manager

Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:20 am

You can join your voices to this issue on the tracker.

Return to “Installation”