Eurostep

Computer freezes on desktop when live booting on USB

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:11 pm

Hi,

So when I live boot Solus Budgie I get to the desktop screen and when I select install OS / open start menu my laptop freezes until I power cycle. I have tried live booting xubuntu, manjaro, solus budgie and gnome and all have resulted in more or less the same behavior. I followed the usb installation guide provided on the solus preparation page. I have also tried different USB drives and ports to no avail. I have deleted PK keys in the bios to be able to live boot. The thing about this that really confuses me is that I have live booted Xubuntu before (before making any BIOS changes aside from boot order) and it worked without freezing. I unfortunately can't install through a dvd but I would really like to use Solus.

Thank you!

acesabe

Re: Computer freezes on desktop when live booting on USB

Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:55 pm

You don't mention anything about what computer you are trying to boot on, desktop? Laptop? Make? Model? How much RAM, graphics card etc. If you are having the same trouble booting other distros then it makes sense that someone else somewhere will have had the same trouble as you, and maybe found a solution...

My guess it's graphics card driver issue Nvidia perhaps?

Return to “Installation”