verbatim

Uninstalling hicolor-icon-theme uninstalls Lightdm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 am

When you uninstall hicolor-icon-theme it attempts to uninstalls all its dependencies which include Lightdm. If anybody ever accidentally does this you can do:

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg install slick-greeter
Which reinstalls both lightdm and hicolor-icon-theme. I don't know if there is a good reason for hicolor-icon-theme to be uninstallable in Software Center but if anyone does accidentally uninstall hicolor here's the solution. Is this a feature or a bug?

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Re: Uninstalling hicolor-icon-theme uninstalls Lightdm

Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:39 pm

verbatim wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 am
When you uninstall hicolor-icon-theme it attempts to uninstalls all its dependencies which include Lightdm. If anybody ever accidentally does this you can do:

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg install slick-greeter
Which reinstalls both lightdm and hicolor-icon-theme. I don't know if there is a good reason for hicolor-icon-theme to be uninstallable in Software Center but if anyone does accidentally uninstall hicolor here's the solution. Is this a feature or a bug?
The solution would be to revert uninstalling important packages https://solus-project.com/articles/pack ... llback/en/

I wouldn't recommend ever removing hicolor-icon-theme if you want your desktop to function well.

What is the driver of trying to remove such packages from the system?

Return to “Packaging”