nietzsche

Add desktop to app switcher

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:11 am

Hello,

I've switched to Linux (Ubuntu Budgie) for about two months now. Overall I am very happy and everything works fine. One thing that annoys me though is that the window switcher of budgie-wm (?) does not provide any entry for the desktop. This makes it very annoying to tab out of a fullscreen application if you don't have any other application open. Also a shortcut to show the desktop would be nice. Would it be possible to integrate these features in one of the future releases? Or maybe I didn't figure out yet how to do it. Then I would be grateful for a hint.

Thanks

kyrios

Re: Add desktop to app switcher

Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:24 am

nietzsche wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:11 am
Hello,

I've switched to Linux (Ubuntu Budgie) for about two months now. Overall I am very happy and everything works fine. One thing that annoys me though is that the window switcher of budgie-wm (?) does not provide any entry for the desktop. This makes it very annoying to tab out of a fullscreen application if you don't have any other application open. Also a shortcut to show the desktop would be nice. Would it be possible to integrate these features in one of the future releases? Or maybe I didn't figure out yet how to do it. Then I would be grateful for a hint.

Thanks
Hello and welcome !

If you want to suggest new feature for Budgie desktop, the best is to report them directly on the Budgie issues tracker on Github.

spinnekop

Re: Add desktop to app switcher

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:26 pm

workaround....

settings -> devices - > keyboard 'Hide all normal windows'. I changed mine from disabled to Super+D

Return to “Ideas”