sondya.boberg

Feedback

Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:27 am

This was copied and pasted from another section on this site.
I like Budgie the most. But there are at least 4 major annoyances that get on my nerves:

1. Opening Firefox, then opening another window in Firefox (like the history bar, a private window, etc.), then closing the original window, has the new window not back to the original icon. I saw in an earlier post that this was getting fixed.

2. The power options. I have it set to never blank the screen simply because 15 minutes is way too short for me, given that it still blanks the screen when I am playing a fullscreen game like in Dolphin. Make it 30 minutes and not blank when running a full screen application and that'll be another one fixed.

3. I really wish that the applications menu had power options like in the Brisk Menu.

4. The unnecessary added space at the top of the screen in some applications. Make the window icons and title flush with the top of the application instead of them being their own thing. Something similar to this is the deprecated HTitle in Firefox. And no, I can't use Pixel Saver because my panel is at the bottom of the screen.
Does anyone else want to add anything or give more specifics if I didn't clarify well enough?
Computer: Dell Inspiron 3250
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @ 3.30 GHz, RAM: 8 GB, GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, HDD: 1 TB

kyrios

Re: Feedback

Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 am

Original post : viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7730&p=33052

1. Would be nice to put the link (I found this but I don't think this is what you are talking about.
2. You can change it to 30 minutes and you can install a screen inhibitor applet like budgie-caffeine-applet
3. Budgie power button is in Raven. It would be crazy to put many power buttons just because many people want it in a different location. Also you can use the physical power button of your machine and configure shortcuts. You could even create a .desktop file to add a shutdown shortcut somewhere

sondya.boberg

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:28 pm

1. The link is viewtopic.php?f=13&t=7730&start=29. Not sure if what he was saying was 100% true, but there you go.

2. Actually, in GNOME Settings, the highest option is 15 minutes. I'll download the Caffeine applet and see what that can do.

3. The power options in Raven are only locking the screen and logging out the current session. There is no power option to shut down over there.
How do you add .desktop shortcuts to the menu? Preferably, I'd make a new category called Power Options; adding the options of shutting down, logging out, and locking the screen.
Computer: Dell Inspiron 3250
CPU: Intel Core i5-6400 @ 3.30 GHz, RAM: 8 GB, GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, HDD: 1 TB

Craig-toyoracer

Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 am

The Power Option in Budgie Panel is by adding the User Indicator to your Panel (top/bottom) :)

Return to “Ideas”