Justin
Development Team

Re: Corner hotspots, window overview.

Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:44 pm

Awesome!

erikdubois

Sun Jul 17, 2016 8:17 pm

I am satisfied with the currrent hotspots. I mean I do not want extra functionality in these corners.

I just use the corners to tile my windows over my two screens.

I would like to have the option to tile not only to the half of the screen but also to a quarter of the screen.
Since we will be using larger resolutions in the future screens, I think you should take this under advisement.

An example would be the cinnamon linux mint approach. You can choose to have half of the screen or quarter or whole screen just by moving it around your edges

Justin
Development Team

Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:05 am

This is coming in GNOME's 3.20 or 3.22 release afaik. We will get it when we merge this release.

friimaind

Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 am

is there news on this implementation? :)

Thank you!

wongs

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm

I was able to make and install skippy-xd with the earlier instructions in this thread. That gave me the ability to display all opened windows with a keyboard combination of my choosing or by clicking on a plank-launcher I made for skippy-xd.

However I could not install brightside because there were missing dependencies, so for some time I did not have the ability to set screen corners to activate skippy-xd. I am not good at making packages.

I tried installing bl-hotcorners (a hotcorner script from bunsenlabs github) by directly pasting it into /usr/bin and placing the text config file in $HOME/.config/bl-hotcorners but this script depended on about 2 packages not found at that time in Solus. It wasn't urgent to have hot corners so I didn't make a package request to the Solus developers.

Those 2 missing packages eventually entered the Solus repositories at different times and I just installed them using the graphical software manager (I did a search once in a while). Once the 2nd package was installed, bl-hotcorners worked immediately to activate skippy-xd if the skippy daemon was already activated (so you need to autostart this). It's not perfect and the opened windows that are displayed show up with the top edge/title bar a bit cut off, but it's ok.

https://github.com/BunsenLabs/bunsen-ar ... en-wmhacks

friimaind

Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:12 pm

wongs wrote:
Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:48 pm
I was able to make and install skippy-xd with the earlier instructions in this thread. That gave me the ability to display all opened windows with a keyboard combination of my choosing or by clicking on a plank-launcher I made for skippy-xd.

However I could not install brightside because there were missing dependencies, so for some time I did not have the ability to set screen corners to activate skippy-xd. I am not good at making packages.

I tried installing bl-hotcorners (a hotcorner script from bunsenlabs github) by directly pasting it into /usr/bin and placing the text config file in $HOME/.config/bl-hotcorners but this script depended on about 2 packages not found at that time in Solus. It wasn't urgent to have hot corners so I didn't make a package request to the Solus developers.

Those 2 missing packages eventually entered the Solus repositories at different times and I just installed them using the graphical software manager (I did a search once in a while). Once the 2nd package was installed, bl-hotcorners worked immediately to activate skippy-xd if the skippy daemon was already activated (so you need to autostart this). It's not perfect and the opened windows that are displayed show up with the top edge/title bar a bit cut off, but it's ok.

https://github.com/BunsenLabs/bunsen-ar ... en-wmhacks
Thank you wongs.
skippy-xd sounds promising, do you note some sort of lags on rendering? Is it smooth?

It would be really nice to have this feature built in in Budgie.

wongs

Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:10 pm

There's no lag but the whole expose effect of skippy-xd feels overly-"floaty" as you mouseover the different opened windows.

That's as best as I can describe the feel.

You have to try it yourself to see what I mean.

centzon400

Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:54 pm

Justin wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 am
If you want skippy-xd in the mean time

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg it -c system.devel
sudo eopkg it git giflib-devel libxt-devel libxft-devel libxrender-devel libxcomposite-devel libxdamage-devel libxfixes-devel libxext-devel libxinerama-devel libpng-devel
git clone https://github.com/richardgv/skippy-xd.git
cd skippy-xd
make
sudo make install
Then bind a key in keyboard settings to /usr/bin/skippy-xd :D
Did not compile for me until I added

sudo eopkg install libjpeg-turbo-devel
Now all is peachy. Thanks!

torqueing

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:47 am

centzon400 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:54 pm
Justin wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:30 am
If you want skippy-xd in the mean time

sudo eopkg it -c system.devel
sudo eopkg it git giflib-devel libxt-devel libxft-devel libxrender-devel libxcomposite-devel libxdamage-devel libxfixes-devel libxext-devel libxinerama-devel libpng-devel
cd skippy-xd
make
sudo make install
Then bind a key in keyboard settings to /usr/bin/skippy-xd :D
Did not compile for me until I added

sudo eopkg install libjpeg-turbo-devel
Now all is peachy. Thanks!
now you get Repo item it not found and
Unrecognized command: git
when the command for "it" is removed

Justin
Development Team

Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 am

For some reason line breaks aren't accepted in code any more. I've separated it into each command, please try the below.

sudo eopkg install -c system.devel

sudo eopkg install git giflib-devel libxt-devel libxft-devel libxrender-devel libxcomposite-devel libxdamage-devel libxfixes-devel libxext-devel libxinerama-devel libpng-devel

cd skippy-xd

make

sudo make install

Return to “Ideas”