COLDYY1

Reset of computer files!

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Hello Solus and all the friendly users out there who are willing to take a quick look into this yet little small issue. I have successfully managed to get my WIFI working on my sisters computer. Me being dumb enough didn't realise that there was an button on front of the computer. So I litterally spent countless of hours trying to figure out which drivers I would install. The thing is how can I reset the packages I have installed over the time. I kinda want to go back to that stage when I freshly installed Solus for the first time with no packages in it. (This is like a christmas gift so help would be appreciated)

PS: One more thing. Is there a way to change the encrypted password when starting the computer? :D

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

kyrios

Re: Reset of computer files!

Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:31 pm

COLDYY1 wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:34 pm
Hello Solus and all the friendly users out there who are willing to take a quick look into this yet little small issue. I have successfully managed to get my WIFI working on my sisters computer. Me being dumb enough didn't realise that there was an button on front of the computer. So I litterally spent countless of hours trying to figure out which drivers I would install. The thing is how can I reset the packages I have installed over the time. I kinda want to go back to that stage when I freshly installed Solus for the first time with no packages in it. (This is like a christmas gift so help would be appreciated)

PS: One more thing. Is there a way to change the encrypted password when starting the computer? :D

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

Open a terminal and type

Code: Select all

eopkg hs
Scroll down and look for the operation number that precede the first thing you have installed and you want to remove. Then type

sudo eopkg hs -t<number>
Everything that was installed after that number will be removed/reverted to the older version. It's a good idea to run the following command just after to update your system

sudo eopkg up

COLDYY1

Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm

Sorry to bother you again. But the suggested code you wrote for me isn't working. I came to the step where I did: sudo eopkg hs -t<1> But whenever I paste the code into the console I get: log file: udo eopkg hs -t<number> instead of the code I want. I have also tried without <> marks. With just the number. Im stuck on what todo right now... :/

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)

kyrios

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:08 pm

COLDYY1 wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:38 pm
Sorry to bother you again. But the suggested code you wrote for me isn't working. I came to the step where I did: sudo eopkg hs -t<1> But whenever I paste the code into the console I get: log file: udo eopkg hs -t<number> instead of the code I want. I have also tried without <> marks. With just the number. Im stuck on what todo right now... :/

Kind Regards,
Daniel (COLDYY1)
You don't have to put the <> around the number. Also NEVER EVER go below the first remove operation (where os-installer is removed) as this indicate the end of the installation otherwise you will break your system.

Return to “Hardware”