ex201

[SOLVED] Internal Sound Card not in Sound Options

Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:24 pm

I have been searching throughout the forums and internet on how to make my internal sound card become an option in the Sound settings under "Choose a device for sound output". I have tried going to the alsamixer settings, pressing F6 (which shows the card), enabling and disabling Auto-Mute. I tried reinstalling the eopkgs, fixing it, finding errors, rebooting, trying to select a new sound profile (where it gives me no other option, other than analog stereo input), nd anything else I could find. I even tried debian tips (which I knew most wouldn't work but became desperate). I did see there was a bug ticket in after a recent update - dated in December - but the sound used to work in December, and now it just says I have headphones attached when I don't. I attached screenshots to see what I see. I have the latest updates.

I have sound if I plug headphones in. I tried to reboot with headphones and without headphones. BTW - this is a fresh install of Solus. I actually did a fresh reinstall when I was trying to get Bluetooth headphones connected and all it would do is look for wire headphones. I thought that would fix the problem. Someone said in one of the threads that it could be hardware related. So I'm hoping this is not so. Sound works - just only with wired headphones.

Please help!

Last edited by ex201 on Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ex201

Re: Internal Sound Card not in Sound Options

Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:01 pm

****Update****
I did a dual-boot with Windows 10 and Solus. I have no sound on the Windows side as well....so something happened in December, where I am able to get sound using a wired headset, but none through the speakers - so this is technically not a Solus issue at this moment - its a hardware issue.

After days of searching for a solution, here is the answer to the problem...and the general consensus for how to fix it for those with my sound chip (some chips will work for a couple of minutes...mine stopped working period): https://jeena.net/thinkpad-t410-speakers-fix

Return to “Hardware”