codegreens

[SOLVED] Login Loop after Install and Initial Update

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:02 am

I just recently installed Solus Budgie 3 on my SSD for a Lenovo 310-15isk laptop. The Live CD worked with no issues, and so did my laptop once I installed Budgie on the SSD. I was able to use the Wifi, and watch videos / play music with no issues as well.

I then went to my terminal and entered:

Code: Select all

sudo eopkg up
which prompted me to install 300, or so, packages which I then said yes to. While installing the new packages, my shell crashed (I think), and then presented my login screen.

Now every time I enter my password, my screen goes black for a second, and then it seems to restart and show my login screen again. I can’t get into my desktop.

I’m not sure what happened and would like some advice. Thank you
Last edited by codegreens on Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

kyrios

Re: Login Loop after Install and Initial Update

Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 am

codegreens wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:02 am
I just recently installed Solus Budgie 3 on my SSD for a Lenovo 310-15isk laptop. The Live CD worked with no issues, and so did my laptop once I installed Budgie on the SSD. I was able to use the Wifi, and watch videos / play music with no issues as well.

I then went to my terminal and entered:

sudo eopkg up
which prompted me to install 300, or so, packages which I then said yes to. While installing the new packages, my shell crashed (I think), and then presented my login screen.

Now every time I enter my password, my screen goes black for a second, and then it seems to restart and show my login screen again. I can’t get into my desktop.

I’m not sure what happened and would like some advice. Thank you
Can you do CTRL-ALT-F1 to switch to TTY1 ?
If so log in and complete the update running again

sudo eopkg up

Return to “Hardware”