WiFi troubles tp-link ac600

Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:56 pm

First time Linux-user here. Downloaded Solus a couple of days ago and it's been working great. I'm really happy with it. But I have one problem that I see others also have struggled with, both on Solus and other distros. I thought it would be better to start my own thread then to hijack someone else's. I can't get my WiFi to work. I have bought a tp-link ac600 Archer T2U usb stick. I have a working Ethernet connection at the moment so I'm connected to the internet at all times.

My first problem is that I, just like Michael Scott from The Office, understands nothing. So please be detailed in the step by step use of the terminal if you can, as I have not understood it yet.

I use Solus Budgie btw.

The usb-wifi-stick does not "blink/light/glow" in any of my usb-ports on my computer, but If I stick it in my old laptop it lights up so I know the stick itself works. According to the readme this means that the correct driver is not installed on my stationary computer. (Since it shows no light/glow).

If I write "lsusb" in the Terminal this shows up:

Bus 001 Device 005: ID 148f:761a Ralink Technology, Corp. MT7610U ("Archer T2U" 2.4G+5G WLAN Adapter
(Well more shows, but I guess this is the important line?)

And if i write "inxi -N" in the Terminal this shows up:

Network: Card-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCIE Gigabit Ethernet Controller
driver: r8169
Card-2: Ralink MT7610U ("Archer T2U" 2.4G+5G WLAN Adapter

I downloaded a driver from the tplink website but I don't know what more to do from here. The driver just lies in my "downloads".

Thank you for reading through my troubles, please let me know if you can help me or if I can deliver some additional information.

Best regards,

Return to “Hardware”