mokkka

Make aborts due to file conflicts

Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:57 am

Hi,

i try to build aqbanking from source. Because some of the dependencies not exist in the repo i have to use make local for that. Now i get some problems with the package xmlsec1-devel. When it tries to install it i get an errormessage:

Code: Select all

Program terminated.
File conflicts:
/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-gcrypt.so from xmlsec1 package
/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-gnutls.so from xmlsec1 package
/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-nss.so from xmlsec1 package
/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-openssl.so from xmlsec1 package
When i look into the directory /usr/lib64/ i always find 3 versions of each file e.g.

/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-gcrypt.so -> libxmlsec1-gcrypt.so.1.2.24
/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-gcrypt.so.1 -> libxmlsec1-gcrypt.so.1.2.24
/usr/lib64/libxmlsec1-gcrypt.so.1.2.24
Does these symlinks produce that errormessage and if yes how can i change my package.yml to fix that?

name       : aqbanking
version    : 5.5.1
release    : 1
source     :
    - https://sourceforge.net/projects/aqbanking/files/aqbanking-5.5.1.tar.gz : 238f17d27d86e0cef239479c4be152cb98f5be9d6b87fca38741d32e762faddf
license    : GPL-2.0
component  : desktop.library
summary    : Banking library with support for HBCI/FinTS, OFX DirectConnect and EBICS, used by GnuCash, KMyMoney, AqFinance and others.
description: |
    AqBanking is a modular and generic interface to online banking tasks, financial file formats (import/export) and bank/country/currency information. It provides frontends for Qt, KDE, GTK, and console. AqBanking uses backend plugins to actually perform the online tasks. HBCI, OFX DirectConnect, YellowNet, GeldKarte, and DTAUS discs are currently supported. AqBanking is used by GnuCash, KMyMoney,and QBankManager.
builddeps  :
    - libgwenhywfar-devel
    - xmlsec1-devel
setup      : |
    %configure
build      : |
    %make 
install    : |
    %make_install
Thanks in advance.
Cheers
mokkka

mokkka

Re: Make aborts due to file conflicts

Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Found error myself.

in the package.yml xmlsec1 the library was copied to the xmlsec1 package and was not placed in xmlsec1-devel.

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 am

mokkka wrote:
Found error myself.

in the package.yml xmlsec1 the library was copied to the xmlsec1 package and was not placed in xmlsec1-devel.
There can be no conflicts! You can't move a file to another package and the problem is solved...then you can't install the -devel package with another package. It may suit your needs, but it's not fixed till there is no conflict.

You've cut off most of the error message (the lines before it) so I can't actually see what's happening

The same file can't be in pkg and pkg-devel if made from the same solbuild or something is very wrong

kyrios

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:22 am

sunnyflunk wrote:
mokkka wrote:
Found error myself.

There can be no conflicts! You can't move a file to another package and the problem is solved...then you can't install the -devel package with another package. It may suit your needs, but it's not fixed till there is no conflict.

You've cut off most of the error message (the lines before it) so I can't actually see what's happening

The same file can't be in pkg and pkg-devel if made from the same solbuild or something is very wrong
Peter, here are a few more info : https://dev.solus-project.com/D661#15830
I don't really know how to get this sorted out

sunnyflunk
Development Team

Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:39 am

kyrios wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:22 am
sunnyflunk wrote:
mokkka wrote:
Found error myself.

Peter, here are a few more info : https://dev.solus-project.com/D661#15830
I don't really know how to get this sorted out
Yeah, (you should probably "libsplit: no" rather than use a pattern and mention why in the commit entry). You can put .so's in the main package without any issues (it doesn't cause a conflict) and both will remain installable. You can't mix the versions though and have an old -devel package where the .so's are in the -devel and a newer main package where they are now in the main package.

If xmlsec1 and xmlsec1-devel conflict, this is what has happened (I can't quite see what is the other package conflicting with it). Delete what versions are built, and rebuild them with the new .yml

kyrios

Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:12 pm

mokkka wrote:
Found error myself.

This shouldn't be the problem becuase the xmlsec1-devel package depends on xmlsec1 so xmlsec1 is always installed prior to xmlsec1-devel -> the libraries are installed and available.

The symbolic links/file conflict is caused by something else. Could you please post the full logs as sunnyflunk requested ?

Thanks! :)

mokkka

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 pm

Hi,

i just tried to compile it again but with the package which is now in the repo and it works fine! So no error anymore.

Sorry for the delay :roll:

Cheers

kyrios

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:17 pm

mokkka wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:04 pm
Hi,

i just tried to compile it again but with the package which is now in the repo and it works fine! So no error anymore.

Sorry for the delay :roll:

Cheers
No problem... it works with the version that was pushed on the repository, that's the most important !

Return to “Engagement”