Justin
Development Team

Re: Roadmap to 1.0

Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:38 am

david wrote:You might be aware of this already, but just in case you're not - I cannot get the UK keyboard map to apply. All settings say the UK map is the one selected, but the US map is the one in use.
It's a known issue, one we're working on, in the mean time use

Code: Select all

sektxkbmap uk
Mattvk wrote:where will these instructions be posted?
In all of our social media accounts, and on forums, IRC etc.

halr14

Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:00 am

Justin wrote:
david wrote:You might be aware of this already, but just in case you're not - I cannot get the UK keyboard map to apply. All settings say the UK map is the one selected, but the US map is the one in use.
It's a known issue, one we're working on, in the mean time use

Code: Select all

sektxkbmap uk
This didnt work for me (sektxkbmap uk not recognized as a command). Probably i m misspelling it..

One other thing (off-topic): I installed solus yesterday (via daily ISO), everything happened smoothly with the install, however the reported bug concerning the desktop freeze after opening budgie happens every two or three times i navigate the menu.. forcing me to a reboot.. so, making the system completly inoperable for day to day use. My question is: Whenever the 1.0 stable release is out, will it fix that bug ? Just to know, because if don't i unfortunatly have to abandon Solus which would be a shame considering the potential of this OS.

Cheers

GeneC

Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:36 pm

Thanks to Joshua Strobl for letting us know what is happening with 1.0 release..

http://joshuastrobl.com/twis-install-4/
GeneC
Solus 3 ~(˘▾˘~)

david

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:10 pm

Whenever the 1.0 stable release is out, will it fix that bug ?

You think they'd release it as Final with such a bug present?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Consensus means we agree to say collectively what none of us believe individually.

halr14

Tue Oct 06, 2015 1:58 pm

david wrote:Whenever the 1.0 stable release is out, will it fix that bug ?

You think they'd release it as Final with such a bug present?
As far as I know it's not happening with everyone. And no, i don't think they would release a buggy OS.

Return to “Announcements”