Targuinius

[SOLVED] No entry in Boot Menu made

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:40 pm

I tried installing Solus Budgie today and the installation seemed successful, however when trying to boot afterwards, it tries to boot into Manjaro, gives an error that /grub/i386-pc/normal.mod is not found, and enters grub-rescue. When pressing f9 to go into the boot menu, it has entries "Manjaro", "ubuntu" and "Windows Boot Manager". When picking ubuntu, it goes to an old grub from Ubuntu, from there I can use chainloader to boot the goofiboot efi file, which gets me into Solus.

There is an /EFI/goofiboot/goofiboot/goofibootx64.efi, as well as /EFI/com.solus-project/

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit: I have a HP Zbook Studio G4

Edit 2: Created the entry myself using efibootmgr and this wiki page.
Last edited by Targuinius on Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kyrios

Re: No entry in Boot Menu made

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 pm

Targuinius wrote:
I tried installing Solus Budgie today and the installation seemed successful, however when trying to boot afterwards, it tries to boot into Manjaro, gives an error that /grub/i386-pc/normal.mod is not found, and enters grub-rescue. When pressing f9 to go into the boot menu, it has entries "Manjaro", "ubuntu" and "Windows Boot Manager". When picking ubuntu, it goes to an old grub from Ubuntu, from there I can use chainloader to boot the goofiboot efi file, which gets me into Solus.

There is an /EFI/goofiboot/goofiboot/goofibootx64.efi, as well as /EFI/com.solus-project/

Have a look here on the help center.

Targuinius

Re: No entry in Boot Menu made

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:19 pm

kyrios wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:10 pm
Targuinius wrote:

Have a look here on the help center.
The problem isn't that I can't boot into any other OS, the problem is that it never loads the Solus bootloader, unless I do it manually from an older grub. I have also already tried boot rescue, however, that doesn't work either.

Targuinius

Re: [SOLVED] No entry in Boot Menu made

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 pm

Solved it by manually creating the entry using efibootmgr.

bluechip

Re: [SOLVED] No entry in Boot Menu made

Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:10 pm

Hello, i also have an HP zbook studio G4.
how has your experience with Solus been so far with it?

Return to “Installation”