bean-bean

Problem Building Blender Dependencies From Source On Solus

Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:31 am

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but it seems like a likely candidate. I am trying to build Blender from source following the official build instructions at this link: https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev: ... stro/CMake

I am currently trying to compile the dependencies for Blender, including the optional ones, using the included install_deps.sh script. Unfortunately, I keep hitting an issue when trying to build open shading language (osl). Whenever the build gets to about 31% it errors out shortly after reporting that it has built "oslcomp." Looking into the CMakeError.log file, it seems that there is some sort of issue to do with pthreads (or lpthreads?). I am wondering if this might be some sort of library or compiler mismatch. Looking at this page on the developer site (https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev: ... ng_Blender), it shows the listed version of gcc for building on Linux as 7.1, however, the version of gcc in the Solus repo is 7.3, so I was wondering if maybe that could be the issue..

I have also tried manually pulling down the source code for osl and building that by itself, but I run into the same error.

Any help or direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Craig-toyoracer

Re: Problem Building Blender Dependencies From Source On Solus

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:30 am

Blender 2.79 is in the Software Center. :)

If it is a compile exercise ;) follow this https://solus-project.com/articles/pack ... ackage/en/

bean-bean

Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:51 am

Sorry, I guess I should have clarified: The reason that I want to build from source is because I am interested in contributing to Blender.

I haven't had access to my main computer recently, so I haven't really gotten to dig into things any further.

I did have one idea I was thinking of pursuing though:

Since Blender is already in the repository, that means it was also packaged. I was thinking that maybe I could look at how that version was build to see if that might point me in the right direction. Also, I don't actually know if the version in the repo is built with osl support, since it is an optional dependency.

kyrios

Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:57 am

bean-bean wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:51 am
Sorry, I guess I should have clarified: The reason that I want to build from source is because I am interested in contributing to Blender.

I haven't had access to my main computer recently, so I haven't really gotten to dig into things any further.

I did have one idea I was thinking of pursuing though:

Since Blender is already in the repository, that means it was also packaged. I was thinking that maybe I could look at how that version was build to see if that might point me in the right direction. Also, I don't actually know if the version in the repo is built with osl support, since it is an optional dependency.
Here is the repository for the blender package. The main file you'll be interested in is the package.yml

Return to “Engagement”