aspiringnobody

Canon Printer Drivers TS9020

Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 am

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with printer drivers for my printer. Canon offers a deb and an rpm, but obviously neither of those are useful. They also offer a source tarball but I swear it's only purpose is to build either the deb or the rpm. There is no configuration in the root of the tar or anything.

With great difficulty I was able to compile the various sub-units of the driver and copy the created peices manually to where the build rules for the deb said they needed to go.

And it worked, mostly. Still wasn't 100% though. Wondering if someone who is smarter than I can work up an eopkg or script or something to help me out. My linux skills of three days aren't sufficient to complete the task.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/port ... _downloads

Thanks

kyrios

Re: Canon Printer Drivers TS9020

Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:37 am

aspiringnobody wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:34 am
Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble with printer drivers for my printer. Canon offers a deb and an rpm, but obviously neither of those are useful. They also offer a source tarball but I swear it's only purpose is to build either the deb or the rpm. There is no configuration in the root of the tar or anything.

With great difficulty I was able to compile the various sub-units of the driver and copy the created peices manually to where the build rules for the deb said they needed to go.

And it worked, mostly. Still wasn't 100% though. Wondering if someone who is smarter than I can work up an eopkg or script or something to help me out. My linux skills of three days aren't sufficient to complete the task.

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/port ... _downloads

Thanks
Have you installed canon-ufriilt-common ?

aspiringnobody

Re: Canon Printer Drivers TS9020

Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:40 pm

Unfortunately the TS9000 series isn't one of the options. Probably too new? The printer works in "driverless" mode but I'm unable to change the settings of what paper type and tray to use so I'm unable to print photos.

It does work on the box I hack-installed the drivers onto, but I can't do things like print a test page or clean the nozzles. Also sometimes the print queue just crashes for no reason.

Return to “Hardware”